Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Looking at a new ATV you might want to know this..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Looking at a new ATV you might want to know this..

I paid about .13 per cc but I got a 2 seat dump truck (I know that's stretching it).

Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 700 sportsman

you mean 2k more? I only paid $6,500</end quote></div>

I was talking about wolf.........he's got 150 more cc's than you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and 400 more than me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

anyways..................it's not the size of the engine that counts.........it's how it's ridden [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Hemi,

I looked up Yamaha's website and they advertised the Special Edition Grizz for $9599 and divide Yams 686cc and thats how i got 13.99/cc. However i thought that price was a little excessive!
I know each dealer does better than MSRP but i wanted to use a reliable price point to show what each atv costs per cc.
I did pretty good with our Polaris price as well but could have done better perhaps some where else. However i had to take in consideration that the dealer was willing to give me high book on a 2wd utility trade in and being that the market isnt that great right now i figured we did well.
Hows the Grizz doing?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

That is an interesting weight of looking at it..
$9.41 per CC for my 850..or about $10.20 per lb..if you do it by weight Popo would have to be the clear bargain lol..

Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

And this is assuming that cc's is the ONLY factor in what makes one quad a better/worse deal than the next one. If you want to break down cost versus engine+performance, find the cost per power-to-weight ratio. One 800cc quad does not equal another brand's 800cc quad in terms of power, plus the weights are different (as we all know, Polaris tends to be on the heavy side of the scale, as is Arctic Cat).

So, you have the cost per cc... now you need the weight and horsepower to find the power-to-weight ratio. Then use those figures to come up with a "value index" number....

And you thought algebra was useless when you were in junior high!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hey HO, I never thought of it that way. In that case they're cheaper than ribeye, you can only have so much fun with a ribeye[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]. What a bargain.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

"-So, you have the cost per cc... now you need the weight and horsepower to find the power-to-weight ratio. Then use those figures to come up with a "value index" number....

-RyanJ"

Well i called Suzuki and Yamaha to get HP info as they don't publish it on their websites.

Suzuki's response was "we dont release this info due to legal reasons."
hmmm really? i know hp differs from what is stated but it would be nice to find out..

Yamaha's response was "we dont publish and release this info."
My question to Yamaha was, how then can you say you have the best power to weight ratio if i dont know what the hp is?
"Most powerful Grizzly ever: 686cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine and light weight add up to the best power-to-weight ratio of any utility model in the industry."

No sense going farther if i can't have everyone's info.. Unless i put all machines on a dyno to get their HP rating we may never know what the value index might be.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh well.. Lets go outside and ride!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ps. with the info i did combine earlier its interesting that if say a Honda had the same size motor as Polaris and their same features that it might msrp for $10,761. just a thought.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: malibu94

Hey Hemi,

I looked up Yamaha's website and they advertised the Special Edition Grizz for $9599 and divide Yams 686cc and thats how i got 13.99/cc. However i thought that price was a little excessive!

I know each dealer does better than MSRP but i wanted to use a reliable price point to show what each atv costs per cc.

I did pretty good with our Polaris price as well but could have done better perhaps some where else. However i had to take in consideration that the dealer was willing to give me high book on a 2wd utility trade in and being that the market isnt that great right now i figured we did well.

Hows the Grizz doing?</end quote></div>

I will agree $9.500 for any quad is excessive! But that is when the old adage it not what you know its who you know that come into play [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As far as the Grizz goes, bought it in October and have put on 300mi and not a lick of trouble (KNOCK-KNOCK) I think that the thing about the Grizz that is so appealing to me more than even the Power Steering is the 4 wheel braking system is amazing feature on dry ground or in snow it works beautifully. Is it a 850 XP NO! But it deff is not a 04 Sportsman neither! I think the 2 biggest faults of a Grizz is the Short seat, and smoothness of the engine could be better but that is pushing it! Thanks for asking!
D57H

Old 03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: malibu94

Oh well.. Lets go outside and ride!!! [img][/img]

</end quote></div>

Best statement in this thread ;-)

My Polaris has plenty of power, why bother arguing!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Per CARB certification,in no particular order..
2009 Suzuki King Quad 750 37kw/49.6 HP
2009 Yamaha Grizzy 700 34kw/45.6 HP
2009 Polaris Sportsman 850 51.5kw/69.0 HP
2009 Can-Am Outlander 800 52.57kw/70.4HP
2009 Artic Cat Thundercat 950 49.1kw/65.8HP
2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 37.1kw/49.8HP

No one is really taking this seriously are they? I mean power to weight,engine size ect can not determine the best value alone..there is alot more to it than that..I'm sure everyone here knows that..
Nothing against malibu94 but I just thought this thread was intended as kind of a joke..I mean no one really thinks because a machine is cheaper per CC then it is a better value do they?

Quick Reply: Looking at a new ATV you might want to know this..