Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Has any one with an XP bent their G2's or RM3 Mounting Plates?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any one with an XP bent their G2's or RM3 Mounting Plates?

I want to know if anyone has had issues with the mount's on the XP's for either the POPO Glacier 2 or the Moose RM3. I used mine commercially for 7 storms on 97 locations each storm. So roughly 700 locals, Ive watched since I read about this here on the forum. Trying to figure out if they have the prob fixed on the XP. So far (KNOCK ON WOOD) I love mine.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

I've been watching too and I haven't seen anyone with an XP post that they have bent their G2 plow mount on their XP's.
I know I haven't been easy on mine, I've been plowing 2-2.5 mi. of dirt/gravel roads and driveway's this winter and hooked frozen snow berms and hit rocks that have brought me to a stop several times. So far the G2 mount is holding up well!
On top of that, I installed ATV Guru brush guards and to do that on the front it is necessary to modify the G2 plow mount by removing some material from the mount!
It is still holding up fine.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Used my g2 all winter on my xp. Only thing I screwed was the winch, it birdcaged on me. Being in the crane business I had easy access to some nice wire rope to use not the cheap stuff polaris uses [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Range Rover

Yeah i used mine quite a bit and i'm all good like markdw said i fu%kedup my cable but g2's okay i am gonna take of the mount for the summer i do notice that in mudholes i tend to smack into the g2

Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Pro Rider

Seems like all of us with XP's have more probs with the winch cable than the plows/ mounts. I had the the birdcage happen too. So I'm down to 37ft of cable left. What kind of cheap A$$ Chinese cable did they put on these things? I've the 56" one way plow with a box end on it (well it used to be). I told my dad the day I bought it that the box end wouldn't last a day and it didn't. So that should tell you all how rough I've been on the plow.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

It may be the location of the winch, although I haven't had any trouble in the past with winches mounted low and using a plow. I thought the winch cable was Amsteel, but not sure.

My dad has a Polaris 3500 winch and G2 plow on his 08 800. No problems yet. Surprisingly, because he usually breaks everything.

I use a JD with a blower and cab now, so no plowing for me too often. Have an American Eagle on the 500, but rarely use it.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

What kind of cheap A$$ Chinese cable did they put on these things? q]<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

Man, I sure hope they didn't put LEAD in it! LMAO!

Anyone have pics of the glacier 2 plow mount for the xp? Be interesting to see what they did to improve it...

Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

I have been using mine all winter with the 56 inch state plow and have had zero problems.I probaly will take the mount off for the summer.On my old 800s i had the glacier one mount and i used to leave it on year round and never bent it.The glacier 2 is alot better for the xp than it was for the old sportsmans.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

sdbowcazy, hi fellow sd. How's that 850 push snow? Mine will push waaaaaay more than my honda's. Think people need to add a disclaimer to their post about the G2's on other POPO not XP. Seems we are all happy. Don't have pic of the mount but it mounts with 5 bolts with nuts no self tappers. Also the mount is heavier and longer than non-XP's

Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Range Rover

I too have had no problems with my g2 mount have had over 60" of snow to plow in 5 driveways. I like it better than the g1 I had on my previous sportsmans.

Quick Reply: Has any one with an XP bent their G2's or RM3 Mounting Plates?