Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

As Polaris customers what would you??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As Polaris customers what would you??

As I have read many discussions and topics in this forum, something came to mind..

If we as Polaris customers had the eyes and ears of those that made decisions at Polaris, what would we change/make better to Polaris ATV's?
What things would we change or even keep on Polaris ATV's? What does Polaris do well? What do they do not do well? How would you fix it? Why?

Example; I read that some would like a bigger fuel tank on the 850XP or better yet increase the fuel mileage with the tank they have already.
What could Polaris do to meet that need? What problems does Polaris face in meeting that need?

Just as a side note i believe Polaris does an outstanding job making a quality ATV. It's apparent in my book that Polaris does their homework! The more i look at my 550XP the more I see that!

So I'd like to hear what you would do about Polaris making a better ATV?

Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Malibu94, I think they need step up their warranty, If they build a quality machine warranty it like one. Right now the XP is as good as it gets in the utility quad arena. Maybe, update the "old" sportsmans with the new XP pod its alot cleaner looking. I think POPO's quality has come along way since 1996 and is on par, or better, with Honda and Yamaha. The XP is in a totally different league than all others. When you look at the XP it exudes quality just the way everything fits toghether. I like the sound of stock but think they should offer a "silent" version of the camo's. When they launch new machines they should offer a variety of accessories for them. This would help them to sell quicker out of the gate. I'm still waiting for them to offer lock n ride ice auger holders. I know they will being from the ice fishing capital and snow-mobile capital of the world.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

I agree on the warranty..IMO a 6 month warranty on a $8-10K product is really laughable IMO...but sadlyPolaris isn't the only one who only offers 6 months..matter fact I think Kawi and possibly Honda are the only one that offers more than 6months standard..and they just started offering the 12 month warranty in '08.
BTW Cam-Am's 3year warranty is a promotion and is not free..you pay for it one way or another...the standard warranty is 6months..I remember a guy not long ago bought a Can-Am assuming it had the 3 year warranty..then he found out he only had 6 months so he called the dealer..the dealer said for the price he sold him the machine for he didn't get a 3 year warranty..it's kind of like Polaris' "free" winch offer..if you don't take the winch the dealer gets a rebate and can pass the savings along..

I think 1 year or even 18months should be the min...especially for what we pay for these things..

Old 03-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

Malibu94, I think they need step up their warranty, If they build a quality machine warranty it like one. Right now the XP is as good as it gets in the utility quad arena. Maybe, update the "old" sportsmans with the new XP pod its alot cleaner looking. I think POPO's quality has come along way since 1996 and is on par, or better, with Honda and Yamaha. The XP is in a totally different league than all others.

Good stuff MegaXP! I agree with the warranty b.s.! at least make the warranty a yr especially on a completely new machine! It doesn't send a very good message to your customers that if something should happen in a short 6mo then you are out of luck! I would also go so far as to say it doesnt help with sales in the off season.. Say you buy it in DEC or JAN, by the time spring/summer hits your warranty is up and havent put many hrs on it to tell if you have any issues..
So the warranty could be better..

As for the old sportsmans, i can see where they might just go away with those designs and base their platforms from the XP's.

I mean why not get rid of 500 and 800 model sportsmans and replace them with 550's and 850's.. ie make X2's 550 and 850. along with the touring models as well.
It'll streamline the Polaris line up and keeping manf. cost down.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

i wish they bring back the old outlaw plastic back. some people thought it was ugly. i liked it it was diffrent that was a good thing. now they look like all the other sport quads. oh yeah bring the 2strokes back it'll never happen but they are fun.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
DCT
Banned

It would be nice to have a longer warranty, and it would it would be nice if they had decent customer support/service. However, as long as they continue the capture the market share that they are looking to capture (and more) they will change nothing. Let's just be happy that they seem to be trying to continually improve their products.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Good Stuff!

What else?? Any other ideas?

What do they do right?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DITTO on the 2strokes.LOve to see a Scrambler with a version of a sled motor

Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, it looks like you just bought a new XP, so why don't you tell us what you think of it. Does it have enough power to do what you need? does it ride as well or better then the last model? If you have had a one, how does it stack up to the quad you've owned berfore? does it have power steering? how do you like that over man power steering?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

It would be nice to have a longer warranty, and it would it would be nice if they had decent customer support/service. However, as long as they continue the capture the market share that they are looking to capture (and more) they will change nothing. Let's just be happy that they seem to be trying to continually improve their products.</end quote></div>

Agreed..Polaris customer support amounts to having a good dealer..if you have a bad dealer you get little to no support..
If Polaris wants to make customer support a dealer only thing them they need to police dealers more and have some type of repercussions against dealers that only care about selling machines and could care less about service after the sale.
As for continually improving the product,that isn't enough IMO..all companies are trying to do that,well at least enough to stay in the game...
Props to Polaris for coming out with the XP..but honestly before the XP they were just making the minimum improvements needed to stay in the game...so I can't really be happy with them "trying to continually improve their products".
If Honda and Kawasaki have 12 month warranties on their ATVs..Polaris should as well...Can-Am has skirted incorporating a longer warranty by offering a 3year as an offer...they have done that so well that many think the 3 year is standard...

Quick Reply: As Polaris customers what would you??