Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone use their popo for work outside of personal use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use their popo for work outside of personal use?

Just curious who has made a career or side job using their polaris or atv?
Read one post where one of you does plow jobs in the winter ...

Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

That would be me. I just got hte POPO in January so I have only used it for snow plowing commercially. I have an 03 and an 06, both Honda Rubicons. I use these for plowing, spraying, fertilizing, pulling drags, and other landscape related tasks. Other than that, I use them to hunt and ice fish. They could bolster an income but probably not make a living with them. There are so many implements that it would take.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

I have used my machines several times doing search and rescue or getting to areas off road where brush fires are burning. I am with the local fire department. We also have a Polaris 6x6 with a tank and pump on it.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

my previous wheeler i used for spraying, driveway gradeing, and minor land scapeing. my new wheeler iv only used it for just snow plowing this winter. i plan to build a braket for lawn sparying this spring sometime. i havent gotting rich off of it. but this last winter it helped a little bit for some money since i lost my job 2 monthes after i got my new one.

chuck

Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Mine gets used on the farm every day. Checking fences, hauling supplies, plowing the lane, spraying just about everything you can imagine.

Today I checked the back fence, hauled some wood, pulled some trees out of the creek, hauled trash to be burn barrel, gathered up some scrap metal, got the mail, rode up to talk to the neighbors and then went looking for deer antlers this afternoon.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

i use to work on a farm where i used my wheeler on it everyday. pull hay wagons, chase cattle, get hay. i evon used it to fix fence by tieing the barb wire to the front pull the wire tight, then mount it ot the fence post. took me about a week.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

since the miltary uses them everyday and most of use most likely uses them around the house for chores andwhat not, thers pretty much 1,000's of uses. ohyea i used mine for hauling trailers and a york rake.

Trending Topics

Old 03-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

I use mine in my duties as a Water Superintendant for my Village. I put about 50 miles a month on it.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Daledo, I should mention that I just use the wheelers for sidewalks. Driveways I do with my truck and my C plow. When the snow gets to deep to effieciently use the wheelers I have to resort back to the blowers.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

I live right outside of Charlotte Nc, and have 1/3 acre , maybe 6 inches of snow per year if any so no plowing . Trying to figure out a way to use my wheeler. Tried pulling the aerator with it. seemed to tear up the yard (tires) and couldn't turn very well compared to pulling it with the zero turn lawn mower. And dads dead set to work the garden with the Farmall Cub rather than a fourwheeler Any ideas for my area? i dont care bout the money would just like to site on my wheeler other than just the weekends. i guess maybe a weed application with a boom sprayer. (would have to get my chemical license though)

Quick Reply: Anyone use their popo for work outside of personal use?