Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^that's a squeeze right there

Old 04-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

Always trailer. I've seen "charlie's accident" first hand a couple times. Less of an issue in the summer, but very common in the winter with snow. Spin a tire and there goes one of the ramps!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

did I hear somebody say "Hey Yall watch this!"

Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ive had the ramps kick out and luckily my rack stopped it from coming done on me although i was ready for it. now i jsut go up my ramps with my left leg on the floorboard and right leg up resting on the rack in case i need a quick bail.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

iv loaded my wheeler in the back of my truck and got a trailer for my new wheeler. i never liked to load my wheeler in the back of my truck just because id hate for the ramp to move and the wheeler to tip over and brake something. i dont need the extra bills. iv never had it happen loading an atv but i did with a lawn mower. now i plow snow and it just easyier to load a atv on a trailer, faster, and safer. all tho most of the time when loading my atv iv used a hill with no ramps. but now i have a topper on my truck. and my wheeler just sits on the trailer in my storage shed. hitch and go. i guess it dont matter to me. truck or trailer. i just think a trailer is safer loading it. but in a truck would be easyier to manuver where ever your going.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

I use the 14' Sled trailer, only option if I have to trailer a Ranger 6x6 and 800 X2!! I watched a former friend of mine run his winch through the back window of his F-350 one day, and those babies are not cheap when you have the electric slide option!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

If I'm only haulin 1 quad then definitely the truck - a lot easier than haulin the trailer. First rule about loadin a quad in the back of a truck - ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS attach the ramp to the truck so that it absolutely can NOT kick out. When I first started haulin the quad in the truck I had a pair of ramps - I always felt uncomfortable with these. Then one time I was unloading & one of the ramps kicked in - it was still attached to the truck but the bottom slid towards the other ramp. Fortunately the rear wheels were already on the ground & that front wheel fell about a foot & the quad didn't roll over. That was the last time I used those ramps. Now I have a ramp that folds in 3 the longways with chains on both sides. Can't slip off the tailgate & folds so that I can slide it under the quad & close the tailgate

Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you shut the fuel switch off on the red one!!...LOL...
Gas tank empty also?...........Caper...........

Old 04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone know if Charlie got killed when that thing fell on top of him?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

ALWAYS on my trailer!! My truck sits too tall to be jackin' with ramps.....besides i can't haul the beer cooler with the quad in the bed.....

Quick Reply: Tow or truck bed