Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

NEW XP's

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WOLF1
I worry about the ball joints etc..... only because I've read about failures. I check them regularly and see no problem. This quad jumps and wheelies every time it is out.
I ride with a big bore group and we are very competitive, its not perfect, but better than the competition in 95% of situations.
Yeah I keep a close check on mine too..no problems so far. Mine has seen its share of jumps and I ride ALOT of wheelies..lol I'd think the wheelies coming down with the 32's on offset wheels is a pretty good stressor on the ball joints...I haven't tried jumping it on the 32's though...not quite that brave lol. But by far the biggest test I put my front ball joints through was 30 fast miles on a Motocross trail..large whoop after large whoop bottoming the front suspension many times in the process of getting my timing down.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
BTW I find it easier to get to the front upper Zerks by using a hose attachment and come through from the opposite side..ie stick it through the frame then reach across underneath the machine and guide it to the Zerk.
Thats exactly how I do it. It still is a pain.