Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pulled the Trigger on a 2009 SP 850 XP Sunset Red

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post up some pics when ya get it home

David- what type of hand guards do you have, I have been thinking of getting some powermadd ones

Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Put 40 more miles on my XP today. Muddy hill climbs and wide open fire roads mostly. With the rear cargo box on it will only do 75 wide open. With the box off it'll do 79. Maybe 75 is fast enough though. The more I ride it the more I love the darn thing. I definitely need better tires though. I'm thinking bighorns.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
Put 40 more miles on my XP today. Muddy hill climbs and wide open fire roads mostly. With the rear cargo box on it will only do 75 wide open. With the box off it'll do 79. Maybe 75 is fast enough though. The more I ride it the more I love the darn thing. I definitely need better tires though. I'm thinking bighorns.
Nice bitter. Wish the trails were open here....uhhhhh.

79 is pretty damn fast. I have not been near the top yet.

Keep us posted with what you end up with tires-wise. Pretty sure I'm going to run the OEMs this season and buy something else next spring. Maybe IPT will have 26x10 14s by then for the rear end.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

I'll probably endure this season with OEMs and get the Bighorns before deer season. The Terrathons aren't too awful, but they don't do good in deep snow at all.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bentarrow
I can't understand why if the economy is so bad some dealers will not try to deal. A big part of the enjoyment in the first few rides is knowing you got a deal your happy with. Don't do like I did the first time loading, take it easy on the gas or you may do a wheelie into the trailer.

Yeah...no doubt! Thanks for the tip...I'll make sure to take it easy.

biz

Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Took delivery of the PJ 5'x12' trailer with 4' ramp today. Pulls like a dream empty...so should be even better with my XP 850 loaded.

YES...pictures will be forth coming!!! Lots of pictures too! Both of the XP and the PJ. This goes without saying, but will be adding pics of my daughter's 2008 Outlaw 50cc too!

OBTW: Just found out that during the month of May...if you purchase a WARN winch...you get a rebate. Go to there website...and download the rebate form. I found that out because I am buying a RT30 for the XP!

Thanks again...

biz

Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Congrats BIZ!

I can relate to the excitement. It was soo much fun over a year ago
to go and buy the new 08' 800 when it came out! No buyer's remorse
at all! I like you had to travel about 2hrs away to save $1300. Well worth the
$60 in extra gas. Its a shame you have to do that though, I mean its all Polaris right?
Those dealers should at least be able to match other "Polaris" dealership prices especially if they are exclusive POLARIS dealers. Same deal here man! You wouldn't be in the DC/MD/Va area? If so let me guess? Ridersville Cycle? No one in this mid-atlantic area can touch their prices!

Enjoy ride my friend!

Cheers,

R'

Old 05-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats man!! Gonna be a long week for sure.. Did your dealer have to do a transfer or order it direct?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

You wont regret it! Got mine in the middle of feb. Probably got about 500 miles on it now, not one single problem.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Congrats man!! Gonna be a long week for sure.. Did your dealer have to do a transfer or order it direct?
I believe it was a transfer type deal...but not certain. All I know...is they found one at another dealer...and need to go pick it up. One nice thing...is that they are selling the machine as if it were in the store. No extra fee's...or add-on costs.

Thanks again for all the well wishes guys! YES...will be a long week...

biz

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger on a 2009 SP 850 XP Sunset Red