Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TOY HAULERs

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if Tundra27 is pulling with his tundra, but I assume he is as it will handle it. I have a tundra, too, and I laugh all the time because everyone thinks it's a half ton or something. I guess they're used to me always driving big diesel trucks, but it is rated to tow like 10,800 pounds, which is pretty good. I no longer tow anything over that so I went with the tundra.....it's like the mercedes of trucks! Soooo comfortable and plenty of hp's. It definitely lacks the torque of a diesel, but it more than makes up for it in comfort!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a toy hauler right now but we have been shopping..We have came to the conclusion that we'll have to wait until my truck is paid off in order to get the toyhauler we really want...
There is a guy near where I work that has a pop-up toy hauler similar to the design in the pics above. He has put larger tires (almost like a military tire) on it...looks pretty cool. I'm guessing that he goes in some pretty rough country to need such big tires on his toyhauler!
Anyway we ALMOST bought a 32 footer with the traditional garage area. The thing had 3 queen sized beds, fueling station, generator, pressure washer, big ol' flood lights for loading at night, outside shower, etc,etc....those things are schweet!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

I just purchased a 2008 Weekend Warrior Super Lite 19 ft Toy Hauler a month ago. Its the FK1900 model.This is a unit were you tow your atv's inside your camper. The rear beds fold up to the ceiling. Awesome unit built in generator, 25 gallon fuel station, 2 queen style beds, 2 super single beds,shower,DVD, 21" Plasma TV, convection oven, Surround sound system with subwoofers. Unit has everything. I have 2 polaris sportsman 500
EFI's. They both fit front to back. Both of my ATV's have brushguards and rear bumper's but they fit. I pull it with a 2004 Duramax Diesel. Dont wanna be struggling towing this beast up the mountain passes.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

Here are some pics of my toyhauler. Hope this works/Users/rickymartinez/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/06/23/IMG_0682.JPG/Users/rickymartinez/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/06/23/IMG_0681.JPG/Users/rickymartinez/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/06/04/IMG_0612_1.JPG/Users/rickymartinez/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/06/04/IMG_0611_2.JPG

Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Rtickwad yes I do pull it with my Tundra and it does so with no problem at all. It is a great tow vehicle, I think the best tow vehicle out there next to getting a diesel. I hear Toyota is considering coming out with a diesel version and if they do you can bet I will have one.

Here are some pics of the inside. There is a slide out on the rear of the trailer for the king size bed. I couldn't slide it out all the way for the pic because the trailer is parked too close to my garage in my driveway. Once the slide is out, it uncovers the futon which makes a great couch in front of the 19inch LCD tv on a bracket that rotates to be seen throughout the trailer. The u-dinette also slides out and during a fishing trip we were 8 guys playing poker around the table with a few chairs on the end. Great stereo and speakers in the ceiling throughout. 15 foot awning. BBQ that attaches to the side with a propane quick connect under the trailer. Pics of the storage area may be hard to see but there is a door that closes it off from the rest of the trailer and you can see the murphy bed that folds into the wall. Four tie downs in the rubberized floor for the atv and tons of storage areas for helmets, jackets, etc...

Sportsmanfanz, I couldn't open your pics but I am familiar with your type of setup and it's great. My wife and I looked at the trailers like the one you bought and my wife wanted a setup like we bought because it is more like a conventional travel trailer... For your trailer the main use is to haul toys but with mine hauling a toy is more occasional because we do lots of camping without the atv. not to mention the wife makes me put a tarp down in the cargo area when I am going away with the atv... Oh well, gotta the wife happy.

Attached Thumbnails TOY HAULERs-pictures-001.jpg   TOY HAULERs-pictures-002.jpg   TOY HAULERs-pictures-003.jpg   TOY HAULERs-pictures-005.jpg   TOY HAULERs-pictures-004.jpg  

Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry guys, I posted some pictures of my ToyHauler but was unsuccessful
I have pictures of my ToyHauler on my public profile Just click on sportsmanfanz and click on my public profile and look at my photo album.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Reno82, we found an '08 in Chicago and got home with it Tuesday. The owner threw in a Champion gen. that's basically new. Love the idea of outside toys, but we haven't loaded up yet. It's got Curt 750# WD, so that's going to have to change. Have sways but don't know if we'll need them. I've hauled more weight and gotten 13mpg with my 7.3 but only got 10 with just the 5k behind us. My guess is the deck in between the tv and the trailer is long enough it's like pulling a sailboat with the sale up. What's your mpg experience? I'll be posting pics soon.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Enjoy! I think you'll have a blast. I changed my bars to 1200# and it pulls great. With my 2008 2500HD 6.0 gasser and 6 speed auto I get about 8 mpg's. Thing to remember is that out here in the west there is not much flat travel. I climb mountains everywhere I pull, from 6500' to 9000' so my mileage reflects a lot of climbing. Driving to the Piaute trails I go over at least 6 mountain ranges. You are right about the "sail" effect, I pulled 4 quads on a car hauler over the mountians, probably wieghed close to 5500# and got almost 13 mpg's, difference is the car hauler and quads were lower than my truck so the wind effect was minimal. Pray for $2 gas

Old 07-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Flatlander!

Just kidding. We start out of our driveway at 9000', so I fully understand that part. We towed back from Chicago, so crossed the low lands of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and western Colorado. I guess I can anticipate worse mileage as we bump around the Continental Divide area. What a shame. The world is awash in oil, we're loaded with untapped resources in our country, yet we continue to allow our pols to fund all the wars against us with our energy dollars. Is anyone going to the ATV Jamboree in September in Eager, AZ?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Reno, Just returned from the Arizona ATV Outlaw Jamboree in Eagar, AZ. Just a blast. The Wolf Pack was great, but my Blue Ox WD may not be the right hitch for my setup. If I draw up the chains for good distribution I can't turn. Two dealers have checked the setup. What are you using?

Quick Reply: TOY HAULERs