Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Expedition Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Polaris Xpedition. I am going to put 26 Outlaws on it. I am trying to find some performance upgrades for my quad. Any suggestions?

Old 02-16-2001, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer

go to highlifter.com they have a performanse kit for the expedition..thats a good place to start

Old 02-16-2001, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

There was another guy on the forum who put the HO cam in his. Said it fit right in and helped the power output.
If I remember right, he had the dealer look up the part # for the heads on each, and were the same part, so he tried teh HO cam & it slipped right in. I assume he had to re-jet for the extra airflow.
If you don't want to do anything 'internal', try going to a K&N or Uni filter. They will flow more air than stock, plus are washable so should last the life of the quad.

Old 02-16-2001, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

I too have stared at that performance kit from highlifter, for the xpedition. If I remember right
as my memory might be incorrect. I thought someone
posted a time back that they put it all in and it really did not make much of a power change. I'm not sure though. I have put allot of stuff on my xpedition but of all those mods, the only ones that qualify as performance mods was the K&N air filter. thats one of the items in the power kit. I thought itp magnum billet aluminum rims qualifys to and going from polaris stock 25 inch tire with standard bar tred to 26 inch mudbugs was a pretty big performance change. That made a big difference
in mud ability. The first time I took my xpedition
out. Those tires were tossing mud all over me. Not
only from the front but even from the back. So I bought polaris's extended mud skirts. I thought that was a performance mod to because guess what? No more mud all over me. Just all over the atv. I think I am going to buy 27 inch mud bugs and that might be foolish. I don't think it will be that much of a change from 26 to 27 mud bug. I have noticed that on the atv tires. 25 to 26 comparison
was a big size change. Maybe just because of the 1.3 inch lugs on the mudbugs. We have compared a 26 with a 27 inch mud tire before and it was not much of a difference. But then a 28 inch tire seems like a big jump. Any way, our xpeditions go
pretty fast for a 425. Mine has gone as high as 57
mph. when i had stock tires on it. With bigger tires. You cannot go by the speedo any more. I recently bought polaris new brush guard and I consider that a performance mod. because it offers
the best pertection thus far for our rads. and the
best protection so far for the front end in general. Good luck with what ever you do with your atv..... rangerchet