Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Shoes on the Way!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009 | 09:44 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default New Shoes on the Way!!

Oredred new tires for the SP today...

I set out to order a set of Kenda Executioners, per HarleyOwners' pics from a few days ago and the pm he sent me on where he got them. But, they're not what I ended up with...

I really, really like the way his bike looks with those tires, but after reading what seemed to me like a hundred-thousand reviews on the interweb, I ended up going with Maxxis MudBugs. The bias style - not the radials.

From what I gather, the MB's run truer to size than the Execs, and the ride is supposed to be better. We'll see. What finally convinced me was the price I got them for, from Dennis Kirk no less. Ended up with all 4 for $279 to my door, and they're supposed to be here by next Mon. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I called my local tire guy at home today (known him forever) and he couldn't touch that price, so he told me to buy them. Also told me he'd mount them for cheap!!

So, we'll see how they do when they get here... I got my camera working again, so I'll take some pics and try to do a review on my initial impressions after the install. Look for it sometime the first part of next week.

Anyway, I'm all excited and had to share. Thanks for letting me!!!

-J

Old 05-26-2009 | 06:03 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i know a guy who had mudbugs and they handle the mud great, but his didnt wear very good and long term. not sure, but i think they vibrated a little on hard surface as well. hopefully you'll have real good luck w/ them as his was on a "kitty cat"