Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Carburetor on 2 cycle engine Vacuum lines??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburetor on 2 cycle engine Vacuum lines??

Ok here is where I screwed up I took Pictures when I removed the Carburetor from every angle at least I thought I did. but I guess I missed the one angle that showed were some vacuum line went.

I figured out where all of the what I guess are vacuum lines went except I have a 2 peices of line that has a tee on them that for the life of me I cannot figure out where they go.

These lines I am talking about are clear plastic like aquarium air line but even smaller than aquarium air line. Once I got everything I was working on done this even and I still couldn't figure out where that clear tubing I had with the tee on it went, I said the heck with it and started it up and the thing ran like a champ, it idled good, had great responee when you opened the throttle so I am at a lost to where the dang things go.

When I was tearing down and removing the carb I found laying on the fame a short peice of clear tubing with a 1 one-way check valve in it. You could tell it had been laying on the frame for awhile it was almost buried complete by mudd and muck.

Does anyone know where those hoses all go or some where here on the internet that I can find a picture or something that I can trace where they go?

I know I am asking for alot but I am sure someone on here has a good idea where they go. (I know where I would really like to put them!)

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe one with the check in it is a vent line.Run it below the carb and the other is the overflow run it out where it will run to the ground