Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Hawkeye

Hi There. I own a '06 Hawkeye have been hearing a lot about the frames breaking. Mine only has 300 miles on it but now I feel like I'm walking on egg shells when I ride it. Would Polaris cover this?? It's a shame my very first ATV and now I got to worry about the frame breaking!! Thanks to all that reply.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

if you havent had a recal on it. and its an 06'. unless ur dealer is really great. if ur frame broke. id say ur ota luck. unless you have a great dealer.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

I have 400 hunting miles on my 06 2x4 with no problems so far. I do not ride hard or fast jumping hills. I have enjoyed this machine as it fits in the back of my Dakota and so far has taking me everywhere I wanted even being 2 wheel dr.
Phil

Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

it should be fine but you might have been better off if you had gone with a japanese make then u wouldnt have to worry about frames breaking.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

no wonder people in the usa are jobless. everyone has to get crap from over sea. buy american made. support the usa work force...... thats my thoughts.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Range Rover
Default wow

I can sure see you know what your talking about this is your origonal comment sent to my email
"id never buy japanese atv. there small and then you have issues with lead paint!!!! lmao. not to mention after a few yrs good luck finding parts, or someone to work on it. no wonder people in the usa are jobless. everyone has to get crap from over sea. buy american made. support the usa work force...... thats my thoughts."

This guy doesnt even know what a japanese atv is as in honda kawasaki suzuki yamaha. there small and have issues with lead paint? yeah im sure that all of those manufacturers have only small atvs with lead paint. Also, you wanna bring up the aspect for finding parts? thats where the polaris and canam dealers back out on the warrenties and you have to buy the parts with your money, and polaris do break down more then any other of the big names and everyone knows it, i was at a rally once and 3 polaris broke down that same day. You dont see a japanese quad doing that because they actually have the reliability that you need. Finding someone to work on them? Where are you getting this information. Its called going to the dealer that you bought the atv from or any of the other 10 dealerships that are in every town. You can even go to a mechanic that doesnt work at a dealership and he will fix it. Polaris seems to need these mechanics around to help them. Get the facts straight before you trick other people into thinking that chinese quads are the same as japanese.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

did u see "thats my thughts" and thats what it is....... i quess not..

people can buy whatever they want.

and how are "chinese quads are the same as japanese." differnt?

u can get what you want. and ill get what i want!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

chinese quads are all the junky atvs like yamoto and all those ones that have different names but are the same quad. They are really cheap like 1000$ and break really easily. Those are the ones you cant get parts for , and are hard to find people to work on them. They arent the same as japanese like honda etc

Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Yaawwwnnnn! My quad is best cause I chose it & I'm never wrong & everything else is Crap. Ho Hummm!

My Hawkweye has been great, never broke anything, & trouble free.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...no one has answered your question. Well I will. mine broke after almost 3 years and 2000 + miles of riding. My Hawk was an early 06, don't know when the problem was fix however its easy to see if you have the stronger subframe. Look at the front suspention mount for the rear a arm closley(remove a rear tire if needed). If the mount is 2 pieces of metal welded to the frame you have the upgraded subframe. If it looks like a single piece of metal bent upwards and welded to the frame, you have the weak subframe. If you have the weak one I'd replace it, or get it replaced as soon as possible.
P.S. No, polaris did not cover the upgrade to mine, they said it was outta warrenty. Which I thought was pretty sh*tty of them, seeing as how they have an upgraded piece that is alot stronger. They knew it was a problem. But in all I still love my Hawk, it's been a very good bike!

Quick Reply: Polaris Hawkeye