Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please!!

I just purchased my first ATV I bought two polaris trailblazers 250. One runs great the other one has a bad battery but when I hook it up to a charger all it does is click click click. So then I tried the pull chain and it will not budge so I took it apart and it came un wound so I still can't get it to budge. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong. It does have a new silinoid but if the starter is bad would that cause the pull chain to seeze up? Thank you for any help.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

I would put in a new battery or take one out of something else to try it with a better battery. Make sure all the battery connections are clean and tight. As far as the engine not turning over with the pull rope, that could be a siezed engine or the recoil is bad. maybe check into the engine being siezed before spending the $$$ on a new batttery or recoil. take the clutch cover off and the spark plug out and try turn on the primary clutch by hand (make sure the key is off and the kill switch/fuel off). It should turn by hand, if not it is siezed.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if your refering to the pull rope starter then no a bad starter shouldnt have anything to do it bewing froze up unless the starter is stuck in the flywheel(which i would doubt).take the spark plug out and try to tun over the engine w/ a fixed pul cord or maybe even take clutch cover of and use the primary clutch to tuen over the engine. if that doesnt work then you have a seized engine i would say. imo

Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for your help. Honestly this is my first atv and I have no idea how to do anything with another clutch. Can i get a step by step on this? Thank you

Old 08-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

did you fix the pull start rope so it is working correctly? if so then it should be able to turn over the engine and most likely start it. you bought this w/out hearing it run?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Actually they were given to me. Both of them, one runs the other does not. The pull start will not work at all, i'm guessing the spring is shot. I can't get it to budge except one way, the wrong way lol

Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

well since you have to take the pull start off anyways (if you havent already done it) you can turen the engine over when the pull start is removed. just take the spark plug out first for a no compression roll over of the engine(easier turning in other words) and it couldnt start up on you while your trying. if you pull the plug out and still cant turn the engine over then the engine is seized and will have to come all apart and be rebuilt or at least the top have depending on what caused the seizure. could be bad crank bearing from lack of oil of a bad ring stuck on the piston to the cyclinder wall.

Trending Topics

Old 08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK i took all the bolts off for the pull start, I have the shell of it hanging on by some gear on the left bottom side. I can't get the housing completely off I've tried a lot of stuff what more can I do am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

go to this site and put the year and the model in and then goto pull rope/recoil to see a parts break down to get an idea of what your looking at.
Ronnie's Mail Order for atv parts, atv tires, snowmobile, watercraft and motorcycle featuring an OEM microfiche parts finder.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

haha wow I feel dumb, it was just on there real good attached to the little gear on the side, I have no idea what it was. But anyway I got the recoil off and I can wind it up and it will be soft then grap and be soft again then grab But I can wind it up, But I grabbed the gear that appears to be the crank and I turned it by hand so that's not seized up right? The little gear in the side though was just floating in there. I also found a small tiny house that comes off of a looks like one way plastic valve but I can't find where It goes to. Any idea it's on the back of the engine