Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$3,300.00 USD at ATVTRACKS.NET.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

If the tires are the same diameter on polaris atvs (26") and the 4x4 works why do they need to have different size drive wheels in the tracks? Does the differnt gearing keep the 4x4 "locked" all the time and wouldn't that be harder to steer?

Thanks, looking at the commanders, pro s, and tatou 4s.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't heard anything negative on the Tatou's and I can speak from experience on the prospectors. I have been extremely pleased with them. No 4x4 issues, they steer easily, and push/go through the snow like nobody's business!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by WFOIdaho
I haven't been around the Tatou's 4s so I figured I'd get the low down from the forum. What do you folks think?
I have a XP850 with ProS with a four year warranty. Polaris won't honor the warranty with another brand track....something to think about.

When you say "Polaris" you're talking about Saucy....they also make the Commander Trek. Below is a quote from ATV-Tracks...(regarding the Trek)

"MY OPINION.
This is probably the most overbuilt track system out there. With the steel frame and the double bearings and no slide and also the main bearing you can grease I see this track lasting forever. "

My tracks have been a blast. I just put them on last night and took the machine out for a rip. What a joy it is to go in places that a wheeled machine couldn't go five feet. I can run the Polaris tracks at speed, in dirt/pavement between snowmobile trails. Polaris claims they are specifically designed for the Polaris 4 wheel drive system. Pretty sure they are designed (gearing wise) to fool the system into full four wheel drive, if engaged.

Last edited by FunRide; 01-10-2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: regarding the Trek addition
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

They all have their Pros & Cons. Make your best $ deal $ and have a blast. Oh Ya, whatever you choose, don't be looking for Warp 9 performance in top speed.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Hey is there any goof videos of those running tracks? Like flip overs, getting stuck etc.
You never hear about it, but would like to see the limitations on what they could do.

Thx,

R'

Old 01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for all your help. I just can't get enough of the track videos. Not too worried aobut speed just looking to have fun.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Hey is there any goof videos of those running tracks? Like flip overs, getting stuck etc.
You never hear about it, but would like to see the limitations on what they could do R'
They're mostly limited to tank traps like any tracked machine and some really deep mud. I wouldn't run my expensive tracks in deep mud though, unless I needed to get somewhere and there was no alternative route. Don't see a need for it, personally.....others may disagree. Hard to get stuck in the snow, but it's possible if you get high centered without enough speed......for example coming up a steep embankment up onto a plowed road.....going over the berm and trying to drop down onto the plowed portion of the road without enough speed to clear it.....you could get high centered and dig yourself in. But that's what winches are for. That's one of the reasons I got the 3500lb winch. They don't get stuck very often. Crazy traction and a whole lot of fun. -I just got back from my first rip on the trails this season....lots of grins.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I would love to have a set of tracks that would do swamp and be good for the snow in the winter. But over 3k, can't justify it. Like the pull behind mower thing, I def have uses but for $1500 can't justify it.

Regards,

R'

Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Like the pull behind mower thing, I def have uses but for $1500 can't justify it.
Can't compare a pull behind mower to a set of tracks.....work vs. play. Winter is long here and life is short. Think of the "utility" you would get from your ATV over a four season season. At least that's the way I justify it. I can plow my driveway in the worst of conditions. It will push snow, rocks and crud until the plow breaks.

Kids love the tracks and wife enjoys the runs on sunny winter days too. One can register as snowmobile in Maine, so a whole new network of riding opportunities awaits. Yeah, they're pricey....but worth every cent IMO. The machine is transformed into another creature, then back again in the spring. It's really like having two distinct vehicles.

Quick Reply: Tracks; who's better Polaris or Tatou