Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Never buying Polaris agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every Honda Dealership I have ever been in will degrade Polaris for its reliabilty issue. It is easy to see why the same dealership would not want to buy or sell brands they consider to be junk.

Greg

Old 02-21-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I just got back from my dealer and I asked him why i had never seen anything but Polaris there he said that he doesn't like to take anything else on trade to hard to get rid off, he said Polaris guys are very brand loyal ( who us? LOL), he has on occasion but very rarely.

Old 02-21-2001, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

Never trade a machine to a dealer if you can help it. It always seems your old 4 wheeler is never worth much wether it be utility or sport. Never fails I go into a dealer ready to trade they say they don't need it or it is a sport and they need utils. Put it in the paper be fair you will sell it right away. But the easy thing would be to put a clutch kit and a pipe on it and it would seem like a new machine. Lots of power. That way for about $400 to HPD its like a new machine and you come out a lot cheaper.

good luck
realoldguy

Old 02-21-2001, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Of course the honda dealership is going to call polaris machines junk, thats the only way their salesmen will can make a commission.LOL.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 02-21-2001, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the wife a Honda Recon,wanted to up grade it to a Polaris Trailblazier,damn Polaris guy would'nt take it in on a trade,said he had a few Honda's sitting out back for 3 months.Last Honda for this guy! [im just TOO funny]
Bill

Old 02-21-2001, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Here's how I got rid of my Honda that I wanted rid of.

Take the Blazer to the Honda shop, and tell the owner that you'll buy the 300EX if he'll sell the Blazer on consignment for free. He'll do it. He wants to sell the EX.

Alot of people that go to look at Hondas have never SEEN a Polaris. I rode with some guys just a month ago that had never seen one before, and where knocked out by my Sportsman. Anyway, now that the Blazer is for sell at the Honda shop, a customer can pay $3500 for a new recon, or $3000 for the TrailBlazer. And they don't have anything to compare to as far as price.

I sold a 2 month old Rancher for $200 less than I paid for it, by selling it at the Polaris dealer. But Honda does hold it's value.

Dave

Old 02-21-2001, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

jcv400ex,

i'm not a polaris man but i can tell you that selling the polaris in the paper or on the i-net would be much more effective. this is a little off topic but i tried to trade in a chinese sks at my local gun store. the owner told me that i should try to sell it to someone because at a gun store i will only get screwed. in texas, we have the cycle trader magazine and from what i hear a new new-used atv doesn't last long.

by the way, the title of your post is a little harsh. to prospective polaris buyers it may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. polaris makes good atvs but trading them in to a dealer that sells a competing brand will go over like a lead zeppelin.

just a thought,

texascat

Old 02-22-2001, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to start at $2500. I put a K & N filter in it, Polaris yellow rock plate in the front and the shockwears. The only thing wrong with it is, there are a couple of scuffs from her boots on the back fenders from getting off and on the quad. I don't think I will have any problem selling it. I've never had a problem with trading a used machine though. I've traded Suzuki to Honda, Yamaha to Suzuki, and never had a problem. I did go to the Polaris dealer that i bought the quad from to look at a 400 scrambler. That thing is just too heavy for her. She doesn't even squat the suspension on the Blazer. I had to put the rear shock on the lowest setting and take some air out of the back tires so she would stay on the quad. This has just left a sour taste in my mouth now. I have to admit though, much thanks to Polaris for getting her into riding. Now I don't get yelled at when I'm out riding all day long and not seeing her.

Old 02-22-2001, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

jcv,
300 ex is a clutch shifter vs. Polaris auto.Is she OK with it??

Old 02-23-2001, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dude,
i live about 100 miles south of you, you say the machine is mint? I just happen to be in the market for a trailblazer, factor in now that i can buy a new 2001, for less than 3400.00 out the door. If the price is right, im not saying to cheat yourself, but fair maybe i can solve your selling or trading issue. Feel free to contact me at my alwine59@hotmail.com. who knows

thanks

wild thang

Quick Reply: Never buying Polaris agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!