Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to check for voltage drops, good thinking. I also think it might have been a voltage issue with the battery, as I had the key on and off all day without running the machine. I charged the battery on 2a for a little while and it got a little better. I'll take a closer look tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Angel of Death
Well, I got my kit installed. The lows on low work perfect and the high (pod) light works perfect but when I put the relay in to have all three lights on, the lows flicker and the left low goes out all together. Any ideas? Thanks, Erik
Angel of Death......did you resolve the flicker problem with your HID's?....Any other issues...or was it worth the time and money? I'm toying with the idea to put some on my X2.....Thanx....NoJoke

Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by NoJoke
Angel of Death......did you resolve the flicker problem with your HID's?....Any other issues...or was it worth the time and money? I'm toying with the idea to put some on my X2.....Thanx....NoJoke
Yes, issue resolved. Sorry it took so long to get back, I've been super busy and super stressed at work lately. Instead of running yet another load from my cig lighter I ran the terminal 30 fused straight from the battery and no issue whatsover.

I must say, SINGLE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK MOD EVER. Yup, at night it's like day time, at dusk it's like day time, during the day I can STILL see my headlights in the trails!!!!

I'll post up some pics this weekend. I plan on making a youtube video showing my buddy's 04 SP700 with stock headlights and my '06 SP800 with eBay HIDs side by side. Hopefully I'll have time at least. It's supposed to be goreous so it's ride time!

Again, thanks to everyone who pushed me towards the HIDs, it was the best $$$$ I've spent in a LONG time, and it was SOOOO easy to install!!! If you can simply unplug the harness from the bulb, you're WAY over qualified to install this kit!! It's that easy!!!!!

Semper fi, Erik

Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Range Rover

What did I tell you man? If you ride at night they are the best bang for the buck!

Now that you had the same issue as I did, with one but not both lights working, I guess it's official that the HIDs need their own direct line. I also think it's a good idea to start the engine before turning on the lights.

Where did you put your ballasts?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:08 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MickJP
What did I tell you man? If you ride at night they are the best bang for the buck!

Now that you had the same issue as I did, with one but not both lights working, I guess it's official that the HIDs need their own direct line. I also think it's a good idea to start the engine before turning on the lights.

Where did you put your ballasts?
Since I'm running a wristwatch battery I always turn the lights off before starting the machine, one less thing to worry about.

I put the ballast/ignitors inside the front box. I didn't hard mount them, what I did was wrap them in sheets of stryrafoam packing material and let the box lid compress it somewhat and they stay put. I drilled holes for the wires and sealed the holes with clear RTV and she's been surprisingly waterproof so far and we do a LOT of water/mud riding.

Pics/vid soon.

Erik

Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a set of HIDs today. I should get them in when I get back in town next week..

Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

just got my kit installed. Lucky for me the one month old battery decided it wanted to completely die sometime between my ride last weekend and last night. Put it on the charger all night and nothing, wont take any charge whatsoever.. yay. warranty but no one has it in stock AAAHHHH

So i had to install my kit that just arrived so jumper cables to the rescue. I wanted to take a ride but dead battery prevented that so here are some pics around the house hooked up to jumper cables. Bulbs are stamped 6k but seem to be closer to 8k. If i buy new bulbs i think ill get the 5k. So maybe keep that in mind when you order yours. In person they seem to be more blue then the online pics.

anyway here are the pics. cant wait to get it on the trails!!

First two pics stock halogen on the left hid on the right.

high beam still halogen. dont know if im going to put a hid in there.

the pic showing the light shining on the ground (4th pic over) included the lights shining from the truck. Truck on the right hid wheeler on the left. the truck lights hardly even showed up in the pic! lol shows how bright these are!

Attached Thumbnails I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-img_3849.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-img_3848.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-img_3858.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-img_3863.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-img_3866.jpg  

Old 10-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Range Rover

I installed my lights when I got home last night. They rock!!!!! Easy to install and very bright... Money well spent IMO.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by helmethair78
I installed my lights when I got home last night. They rock!!!!! Easy to install and very bright... Money well spent IMO.
I've had the swine-cold all week and am finally feeling better. I'll try to get down to the garage to photograph the setup I'm running. I'll try guys. Thanks again. Erik

Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

HA! I finally felt good enough to get out there and take some pics!

Attached Thumbnails I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-cimg4560.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-cimg4559.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-cimg4558.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-cimg4557.jpg   I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!-cimg4556.jpg  

Quick Reply: I'm officially calling out EVERYONE who has HID lights in thier Sportsman!!