Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

CHEAP!!! warn provantage plow

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I purchased my Xp it came with a Glacier 2 plow system. My plan was to keep my Moose rapid mount plow & sell the Polaris system with the mount from my SP800. After review I found that the moose rapid system would not fit on the XP mount. I checked with Moose and they did not have a mount for the XP. Bummer because the quality and strength of the moose is quite superior over the Polaris system. The moose is made to be used every day. I put the 2 plows next to each other and it was night and day how they were built.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrThor
When I purchased my Xp it came with a Glacier 2 plow system. My plan was to keep my Moose rapid mount plow & sell the Polaris system with the mount from my SP800. After review I found that the moose rapid system would not fit on the XP mount. I checked with Moose and they did not have a mount for the XP. Bummer because the quality and strength of the moose is quite superior over the Polaris system. The moose is made to be used every day. I put the 2 plows next to each other and it was night and day how they were built.
I agree the glacier system is not up to par as far as strength goes..That is my main reason for going aftermarket..I live in northern michigan so my plow see's alot of use..The new provantage looks to be built very strong..They use 12 gauge steel and reinforce the blade. It has a welded brace running length wise of the blade and 3 or 4 braces running vertically. I have had 2 glacier plows before and neither was reinforced at all!! My last blade was the 60 " razor from polaris..Well one day the springs "tripped" and the top corner caught the ground and rolled in the whole right side of my blade

Old 09-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

If i want to buy a gorilla 3000 xtr winch with a gorilla mount plate, which brand plow will fit? Will i have to use gorillas plows only. I'm glad that i've reading a little about plows and thought the plow mount would be separate from the winch. this is for an 850 xp. My dealer said it would be around 750-800 for everything using polaris accessories but i think i can save a few hundred.

Is the glacier II that much easier to hook up compared to other brands?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

The Gorilla mount fit with my Warn XT30 when I installed it yes. I have seen Warn XT 30's on sale for the low $ 400's after rebate. I am not sure if that program is over with. Worst case $500.

If Gorilla makes a mount and plate for the XP then I am sure it will fit. There are several other guys that have cheaper winches that fit on there XP's. Just my 2 cents. I have had both the cheaper winches and Warn. I will never again save a few hundred after being stranded in the middle of nowhere in the winter time because a new winch failed.

No mater what plow you get it will work with your system as long as its uses a winch to lift it.

The glacier II is very easy to install yes. takes all of maybe 30 sec. I have had both the Moose rapid mount and Glacier II. The Moose (which mounts just like the Glacier) is the strongest of the 2. It is like night and day. But currently they do not make a mounting system for the XP. When they do I will be changing back the Moose.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think i will take your advice and experience and buy a warn winch. I noticed that warn doesn't make a mount for the xp yet so i'm assuming that is why you purchased the gorilla mount. I still have some time before the snow flies which will give me time to decide on a plow. THe warn provantage looks very rugged but they don't have a push tube listed on their website for the xp. Maybe i should call to make sure. I"m going to check out the moose plow right now.

thanks...

Old 09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MrThor
The Gorilla mount fit with my Warn XT30 when I installed it yes. I have seen Warn XT 30's on sale for the low $ 400's after rebate. I am not sure if that program is over with. Worst case $500.

If Gorilla makes a mount and plate for the XP then I am sure it will fit. There are several other guys that have cheaper winches that fit on there XP's. Just my 2 cents. I have had both the cheaper winches and Warn. I will never again save a few hundred after being stranded in the middle of nowhere in the winter time because a new winch failed.

No mater what plow you get it will work with your system as long as its uses a winch to lift it.

The glacier II is very easy to install yes. takes all of maybe 30 sec. I have had both the Moose rapid mount and Glacier II. The Moose (which mounts just like the Glacier) is the strongest of the 2. It is like night and day. But currently they do not make a mounting system for the XP. When they do I will be changing back the Moose.

Thor,
Do you have a glacier 2 system on your xp with a gorilla winch mount? If so how does it hook up? I thought you had to use the polaris mount because of the 2 threaded holes toward the bottom of the mount that the glacier system screws into?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

No this quad has the Warn 2500 on it. My SP800 had a gorilla mount on a Warn XT30.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

I just ordered the Pro Plow from ATV Accessories, UTV Accessories, warn winch, cargo box - Montana Jack's for $526 with shipping, that was for 60 inch straight blade, mount for 2009 800 sportsmen, front plow assembly, and set of extra skids. Prob good Idea to verify everything before u order to make sure its in stock. I priced same set up on Tweetys website and they wanted tons more money. Once it arrives i will be sure to take some picts of how it assembles/works

Old 10-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I just ordered mine on monday. I got it from e-bay. I also got the 60" straight blade. Shipped to my house it was 499.00. The blade and blade mount should be here friday and the machine mount next week. The machine mount was not in stock yet but was already shipped to them last friday so it will be a few days behind. I got it from a dealer in pennsylvania.I will still have to get the rubber flap but that will come later.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dslanec
I got a call from tweet'y today. They said there was a mistake.The item was new and shipping was not figured in yet. They said it would cost 80.00 to ship. That would bring it up to 493.00. Still a good deal but not as good as i thought. I had them cancel the order. I just found it on e-bay for 460.00 shipped. I will be ordering it from there.
What is the item # off Ebay for the Warn? I'm interested.

Quick Reply: CHEAP!!! warn provantage plow