Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP thumb warmer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask a silly question? Why hand and thumb warmers? Don't gloves work? I've always ridden in the winter with gloves and never had a problem. Just curious.
Cheers,
cc

Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I work in the outdoors all winter and never have more than jersey gloves, but when I'm riding, the heated grips and thumb warmer are worth their weight in gold.

Thor, I have no proof of this myself, but a friend told me to stay away from the Polaris switches, unless you like replacing switches. Take that however you'd like.
The 5 settings is nice also on the Symtec and their customer service is second to none.

With that being said, I did have a symtec box go out on me on my previous atv, but I emailed and got a new one in 2 days for free.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
I have the XP thumb and hand warmers on mine. They work great! The thumb throttle looked plastic on my 850, not sure if it's coated or not. With the XP kits the switches are OEM and fit the pod perfectly!
X2 for me...I have only used them twice so far but they work great and the switches look factory.

Also just so you know...In the pic on polaris web site it shows a round white switch. That is not the switch that comes with it. The switches are rectangle shape just like the browning edition(I think) that comes stock with warmers

Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MrThor
Funny Moose. Us Norwegians have delicate hands!!!! BPC I have had 2 sets of Symtec prior. Worked great. I would have gotten them again but I want to get a set with the matching Polaris switches now.
Hey MrThor, we norwegians do have sensitive hands in the winter. When I go ice fishing more than once my knuckles start to crack and bleed. WTH if it aint squirt'n it aint hurt'n, right? Or coarse as I've gotten older, I too find myself wanting more luxuries in life. Hence the reason for going with a POPO; best ride, EFI, EPS, ease of accessory installation, just to name a few. Let me know how they install, I might go for a set if they are not too tough. I did install my own winch on my 03 rubicon last spring, I think I could handle it. I just dont like drilling holes that are in locations where one can not hide a mistake.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MEGA XP
Hey MrThor, we norwegians do have sensitive hands in the winter. When I go ice fishing more than once my knuckles start to crack and bleed. WTH if it aint squirt'n it aint hurt'n, right? Or coarse as I've gotten older, I too find myself wanting more luxuries in life. Hence the reason for going with a POPO; best ride, EFI, EPS, ease of accessory installation, just to name a few. Let me know how they install, I might go for a set if they are not too tough. I did install my own winch on my 03 rubicon last spring, I think I could handle it. I just dont like drilling holes that are in locations where one can not hide a mistake.
Uffda! Soft Norwegians! It can't be....

My buddy uses these hand warmers and loves them. Cabela's -- ATV Winter Pak

Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will be my 3rd install of warmers in a year. Only difference is this time I am using the same grips vs with Symtek cut old off, clean, WD40 and install. I just have to borrow a compressor to get the grips off now. I found a set on eBay yesterday for $40 with shipping. I also found last week the Polaris hand warmers for $25 with shipping. Both come with the factory switches.