Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Suggestions on WARM winter cloths for riding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions on WARM winter cloths for riding?

Winters around the corner. After years of layers I want to invest in some warm riding cloths and boots for this winters atv riding season. Any suggestions on what to get? Also if anyone has something they want to sell send me a PM. I am 6.4 275lb w/a 34 inseam and would need XXLT in size.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually wear the gortex stuff the military gave me. It has a few different options for lining and stows nicely. Best to get something wind/water proof for the outside and your warm layer under it. Hard to get away from layering in the Winter. Even though it sucks having to haul extra clothing it will come in handy if you ever get stranded or come across someone else in distress.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ice Armor is a great ice fishing coat and bibs combo, water proof and extremely warm,a bit spendy, but you will definately stay warm.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't found anything better than snowmobile clothing. It's lightweight and very warm.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider

Hard to get away from layering in the Winter. Even though it sucks having to haul extra clothing it will come in handy if you ever get stranded or come across someone else in distress.[/quote]

Layers are best as long as it's not too many of them! 4 Max on top, 3 max on the bottom and the most important of all is to keep your head warm! I have a fur lined hat that fastens under your chin that I wear when plowing ( No helmet here guys) This kind of hat is extremely warm and I also wrap a scarf around my neck to keep the wind and snow from entering through the top of my coat. A good pair of boots is a necessity also. Buy the boots 1/2 to 1 full size too big to accommodate an extra pair of socks!
Keep an extra pair of dry gloves on your quad just in case you need them!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Just wear the same kind of stuff the snowmoblers wear including helmet,after all a Polaris ATV is just a Polaris sled with wheels instead of skis and track.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

For warmth, lightweight, and non-bulky motorcycle/snowmobile clothing, you can't beat electrically heated clothing.

Check out Gerbing: Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing!

Jackets, pants, liners, are made to order (great for us non-standard body types) and manufactured here in the US.

The factory is just a nice motorcycle ride away for me, so I rode there. The Gerbing employee did all the measurements, and a few days later my order arrived via UPS.

Great stuff. Not cheap, but quality rarely is, and the products have a lifetime warranty.

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

A set of these are nice even with or without electric grip help..

Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

you will need some long john's too

Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by KQ400Pilot
For warmth, lightweight, and non-bulky motorcycle/snowmobile clothing, you can't beat electrically heated clothing.

Check out Gerbing: Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing!

Jackets, pants, liners, are made to order (great for us non-standard body types) and manufactured here in the US.

Great stuff. Not cheap, but quality rarely is, and the products have a lifetime warranty.
I, for one will check them out! Looks like there is a 12v option and 7v batteries. I'd hate to break down in the back country without a good supply of batteries though! Better still carry extra clothes if you're going on that type of ride or you may need the EMT!

Quick Reply: Suggestions on WARM winter cloths for riding?