Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Extended cargo rack

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended cargo rack

Anyone know if I can have both front cargo box plus the rack extender on an XP. I have seen them for the rear just want the option to sometimes remove the lock and ride box.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default extended cargo rack

nope if you get the cargo box you can't use the rack extender on the front

Old 10-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

I found this looks like I can have the cargo box and run the extender Pure Polaris : Sportsman XP Front Rack Extender).

Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider

If you have the stock front rack, the extender will mount to it for use without the front box in place. I don't know of any way to use the rack extender with the storage box on without some modifications to the way the extender mounts, such as mounting it directly to the storage box's lid. That may work, but I'm not sure.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

This is printed at the bottom of the page let the page completely load anyway here is what it says--------This Front Rack Extender adds convenience and cargo carrying versatility to a Sportsman XP. This 4.5”-high Extender is made of injection-molded nylon and is extremely strong and durable. It is engineered to fit specifically on a Sportsman XP front cargo rack and it will work with the XP Cargo Box and Gun Scabbard Mount (each sold separately). It provides a wealth of tie-down points so you can keep cargo securely in place.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Range Rover

I believe the quote you posted is only referring to the rear rack extenders. I have the front and rear rack extenders - I bought the metal ones - They have composite ones that I didn't want. Make sure you specify metal (powdercoated) ones if thats what your looking for. FYI - to mount the front rack you remove and replace two of the existing bolts. You then have to drill 2 new holes through the composite rack to mount the front two bolts. I can post pics if your interested...Jeff

Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by deerwagon
I believe the quote you posted is only referring to the rear rack extenders. I have the front and rear rack extenders - I bought the metal ones - They have composite ones that I didn't want. Make sure you specify metal (powdercoated) ones if thats what your looking for. FYI - to mount the front rack you remove and replace two of the existing bolts. You then have to drill 2 new holes through the composite rack to mount the front two bolts. I can post pics if your interested...Jeff
I have an XP like gaspumpcity is referring to in this post and no drilling or bolts are required to mount either the front rack or storage box. They are both Lock and Ride attachments.
Unless you are talking about mounting the extender to the rack.?....
And what about with the box in place?
Pic's are always good!