Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow bucket

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow bucket

Well I am looking to clear brush, level ground, pack gravel all for all for a shed
project. So instead of renting a tamper, tiller etc. etc. would a bucket plow with the
teetch do the job? I would rather put the money out and have something then RENT.

And how would that fit my Glacier 2 plow system? Need all feedback, thanks guys!

R'

Old 10-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Rtick, If you are talking about trying to mount a bucket lift on your quad with an existing Glacier 2 mounted plow I think you'll probably run into problems. On the other hand that system from Swisher might work if it can go under the Glacier 2 mount. I think this system uses your hitch and front suspension as mounting points??? See Swisher Mower & Machine Co.: Products: Hitch

Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

sounds like you just should rent a bobcat for a day, here you can rent a S-185 for $140 a day. Or find a friend that has one sitting around.

It would surely get the job done properly, once you get the controls down its a piece of cake, talking from experience I put 100s of hours operating Bobcat Skid Steers a year.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

I duplicated the part that mounts to the g2 xp mount so I could interchange my g2 and moose blades on the 850. Once you get past that it is simply putting longer "pushtubes" for a carryall or bucket. The big problem is leverage. The farther it sticks out from the quad the harder it is to lift. Someone recently posted about a deer lift that mounts to the front of the quad and lifts deer. You could modify that to attach to the g2 mount. I agree with Deputy Swan. It will be much quicker and less headache to rent a bobcat.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

I agree too R' it would probably be much simpler and probably just as cheap to rent a bobcat for a couple hours

Not to jack this thread, but nooo, do you have any pics or can you send me a pm with some info on how you did your plow setup
Thanks

Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea, I hear yas on the Bobcat. My thinking was if I could accomplish most tasks with a bucket w/teeth edge plow I could reap the benefit of "owning" it for the price dollar for dollar. Well $140 a day seems like a good price. I was quoted today $120/day for a Stump Grinder. We already got the trees, bushes and underbrush hacked up. Now I need to erradicate 13 stumps, ground up more roots and then start ground escavation on the shed area.

Regards,

R'

Old 10-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know the size of your shed project. I did the dirt and gravel work for my 12'x14' shed in a couple of hours. That included hauling the dirt to the neighbor across the cul-de-sac. The bobcat is a blast to operate. To 700 I will post pics. I am in the middle of a plow angle project that has taken longer than I thought. In about a week I will post pics. Sorry for the partial hijack.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Yea, I hear yas on the Bobcat. My thinking was if I could accomplish most tasks with a bucket w/teeth edge plow I could reap the benefit of "owning" it for the price dollar for dollar. Well $140 a day seems like a good price. I was quoted today $120/day for a Stump Grinder. We already got the trees, bushes and underbrush hacked up. Now I need to erradicate 13 stumps, ground up more roots and then start ground escavation on the shed area.

Regards,

R'
IF you got a local Bobcat dealer see how much extra it would cost to rent a stump grinder attachment and a skid steer with high flow hydraulics. Last year I rented a Bobcat stump grinder for my skid steer, and it worked great and fast, if I recall it was about $60 a day for the grinder.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Thanks guys for the great info. Acutally "Noooooo" that is my same dimensions as well. I may even consider 12x16 since the lumber is 16' and I may need a little extra. I am just a little skeptical that any RENTAL Company dealers in my area will rent a Bobcat for a price like $140. Even these smaller equip (aka Stump grinder is going betwen $120-190) that is the Mid-Atlantic area for ya! Its so expensive in this area, companies like this capitalize on it! Yes please feel free to post up pics and no issue with thread Hi-jacks (I'm guilty a'lil myself) We're all friends here!

Cheers,

R'

For kicks and grins though I be interested in knowing the price on a BobCat with also a grinder attachment. I'll keep ya's posted. Yes

Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

I might suggest build the shed as big as you can because in just a short time you will wish it was bigger. No matter how big the shed is it is never big enough. I rented a bobcat and trailer for $190 for 24 hours.

Quick Reply: Plow bucket