Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How long is a week?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An update on my machine being repaired. Found out to-day they will replace piston, crankshaft & eng block , all because of the cracked piston syndrome, I was a victim. Dealer told me last week it would take a week to fix. As of to-day they have received the crankshaft and might take a week before they receive everything else and rebuilt it.
Man I think I'm getting depressed already, may have to ride the old moutain bike again and hop some logs & such. Turning out to be a long week.
My dealer said this was their first time they've seen this happen.

Old 02-24-2001, 12:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A week-when you are getting a bank loan-21 working days providing the peson handling yours does not go on vacation or call in sick.

a week-when you are waiting on a insurance check,about 14 bussines days(providing there a no conventions to go to.

a week-ordered a new raptor this week,dealer said would be in next week(that means pay your deposit,he will phone japan and see when he gets his next shipment)
a week,when you need or want something seems like months.If you are suppose to pay a bill next week,seems to occur overnight.

Old 02-24-2001, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Ah damn it, I thought it was 7 days.

Old 02-24-2001, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

A week is like 15 minutes. Not much time if you are occupied, but one heck of a wait if it is something you want. When he gives you the bill, tell him you will pay him in a week (hehe). Maybe not if you want to stay on his good side.

Old 02-24-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

HeeHee, at least I can have a good laugh at this. I went to the dealer to-day (1 hr drive), and saw what happened. I can't believe I made it back to the truck in the shape the engine was in. One piston skirt was completely gone and I saw more cracks in the block. The mechanic there said he had the machine running before he took it apart and couldn't believe how smooth it was still idleing. Anyway they are going to replace many parts instead of messing around trying to save parts, cool. Like I said before, it's under warranty so they might as well. They said they had never seen this happen before and I gived them a copy from a thread on cracked pistons to convince them it wasn't a rare case. So if next week goes by fast I might have my machine for the week-end, zoomzoom away I go!