Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front Mount vs. Center Mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Mount vs. Center Mount

I have been reading the plow forums and have not really answered my question yet. I have narrowed down to the Provantage but I dont know what mount to go with. I would think the center mount would be stronger but everyone always talks about the front mount. Is the front mount strong enough to push dirt as may do this in the future. And with the center mount, can you just take the blade off and leave the push tube if you just want to go for a quick ride.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can nobody help me or can nobody understand my question? lol.. Just wanting the pros and cons on the mounting options. Front vs. Center

Old 11-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every brand is different, but when I had a center mount plow I had to lay on the ground to connect and disconnect it. Now I have a front mount and I don't have to lay on the ground.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both styles and prefer the front mount. Much easier/quicker to hook up and haven't had a reliability issue in almost 5 years!

Old 11-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

But if I have a center mount and I want to go for a quick ride can I undo the blade and leave the push tube still connected or is it a pain

Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Moto Psycho

On the center mount the push tubes come off with the plow. At least mine did. It had 2 pins you pull out on the bottom of the mount.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

So then it stays attatched. Thank you. So what do people mean when they say it gets held up on everything. Do they mean the snow

Trending Topics

Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Moto Psycho

When I had the center mount it stuck down a few inches. Riding in snow wasn't a big deal because the snow built up high enough so I didn't hit much of anything. But I had to take the mount off from spring to fall because I kept hitting rocks and stumps with it. It makes getting over fallen trees interesting too.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is it a pain to take the bracket off after winter. I am leaning towards the center mount because I read somewhere where the warn front mount mounts to the a arms and I just dont think that would be good. Any responses?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by icobob
Can nobody help me or can nobody understand my question? lol.. Just wanting the pros and cons on the mounting options. Front vs. Center
I installed the ProVantage front mount on my Sportsman 600... Don't know much about the center mount version of the Warn... But, my dad has a center-mount Cycle Country and it's not built nearly as heavy.

I actually plowed wet, heavy, packed snow last friday night (first time)... it was about 4" of the heaviest stuff you'll find (warm, wind-blown, and ran-over)... Driveway is about 120' long. I scraped clear down to the pavement, angled slightly to the left. I was actually driving sideways into it (that heavy)... hit the soft ground on the other side of the road - plow laid over flat.

There is NO WAY you are going to bend this w/out bending your machine as well... I doubt very much you can bend it (short of ramming a tree). The push tube is 2" steel tubing. The mount kit attaches directly to the frame and has reinforcing members. It also raises very high... i posted pics of my install on this site.

The mount bracket actually sits INSIDE the existing frame... you will NEVER need to remove it - you can hardly even see it. The plow comes off in seconds with two simple pins. It takes longer to unhook the winch cable from the plow than to remove the plow system.

I am very particular... and I my expectations have been exceeded with the quality of this plow system.

Quick Reply: Front Mount vs. Center Mount