Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Blue RZR's Crew Spy Picture!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares? Where the hell is your renegade 800 Killer, Polaris?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I can tell you for sure that 4seat RZR would not make it on too many of our trails here in Co.

I for one would take the Jeep in that competition any day! LOL

Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Range Rover
First Things First!

I didn't think I would start a RZR/Jeep is better, just if it's a 4 passenger chances are 2 will be children. In a Jeep everyone is dry, warm and clean or in a RZR you may here from 3 riders "I'm Cold, Wet and want to go home". My brother and sister-in law love their's and my wife wanted 1 after riding in theirs so I bought her the most loaded 850 I could find, that made us both happy. Maybe the 4 place will be 1000, not 850 and have 16" ground clearance.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

If they keep the 50" width, in will in fact be able to go on more trails than rzr will be able to go on a few more restricted trails than the jeep.

Maybe it's just me, but if I could afford the rzr, I could probably afford a good used jeep too.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default True... but...

Originally Posted by bentarrow
At some point people will stop and realize they can buy a good used Jeep that can be used for off road and street for the same price. My wife loves the RZR but I though it was to much like a Jeep last year with only room for 2 people.
When was the last time you saw a Jeep fit into an average toy hauler?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Not a bad idea for us...

For those of us that have young kids and don't HAVE to go fast, mud bog, rock crawl, or thrash thru crazy terrain.

It would be nice to just cruise the back trails with my family.
A Jeep isn't allowed on a lot of "trails" (50")
High center issues?
Isn't that avoided by "creative wheeling" and paying attention to your limits?
Don't forget what that winch is for.

How many of us have GREATLY cut back the trail runs since the new kid, no babysitter that the wife trusts, and a wife that loves the trails as much as you do?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?

Originally Posted by s10stealth
When was the last time you saw a Jeep fit into an average toy hauler?
When was the last time you saw an atv towing a jeep? Or for that matter, see an ATV shooting down the highway at 75?

Seriously folks, each machine has it's plusses and minuses. I didn't mean to start a long drawn out discussion between Rzr's and Jeeps. Each can do things the other can't and each brings pluses and minuses to the page. Jeeps are highly capable especially when modified and I believe can compete in a wide range of terrain quite well with a Rzr. Likewise there are times the Rzr would trump the jeep.

For me personally, I enjoy my ATV. I also enjoy my Jeep. I've got a lot more $$ into the jeep but could probably build a pretty darned capable rig now for the same price as a Rzr given my acquired knowledge. If I was forced to make a decision on keeping one or the other, the ATV would go.

Ok, can we get this back on topic now? Sorry for the diversion!
Cheers,
cc

Old 12-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My wife got it in her head she wanted a Jeep Wrangler. I had Jeep build a Wrangler X with the options I would have (she wouldn't get a Rubicon) and it came out better equipped than a Sahara for less money. I told her she would have to take it off road 1 time for me to agree with her getting one. She did and she hated going off road. She loves it for every other reason. My son's who are 6'3" and 5'10" hate it, but that's the nature of a back seat in a Wrangler. I had warned her it would have issues more than a Toyota Landcruiser or Nissan Xterra. We've had it back about 10 times for recalls and small issues. Other than that it's done pretty good. Would I rather have a Jeep than a 4 seat RZR???? I agree with those who said the Jeep could go farther than a 4 seat RZR. As someone said, "Lousy breakover angle". Can you say high centered. If it is the same stock ride height as the regular RZR it wouldn't be good for much other than sand and smooth roads. It wouldn't work up here in New England with all the big rocks to climb over. So, if it was between a Jeep and a 4 seat RZR, I'd go with the Jeep (other than the 50" trail issue). If it were between a 2 seat RZR and a Jeep, I'd go with the RZR. That's just me. I've been behind a RZR cruising up a trail with football sized rocks and was having a hard time keeping up on a quad. They are that stable. Much lower center of gravity than a quad. He was hardly breaking a sweat while I had to lean way into the corners or off cambers. Nice machine. The only time I wouldn't want a RZR is deep water holes. I get the feeling my seat would get more wet than I do when on the quad.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

Wouldnt the 4 seater Ranger work if you want to go "familying" down the trail??

Old 12-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 02magnum500
Wouldnt the 4 seater Ranger work if you want to go "familying" down the trail??
I think the idea with this RZR 4-seater is to be able to go on 50" or less trails. The 4 seater Ranger is quite a bit wider.

Quick Reply: Blue RZR's Crew Spy Picture!