Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Blue RZR's Crew Spy Picture!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO I think I would teach the wife to ride and get a pair of 2up's. That thing just to long and to low. Not to mention.. what is the freq the whole fam goes? For me it is like 1 in 5 times I go out. The other 4 times you would look like your driving an empty limo.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by xcitmt
IMO I think I would teach the wife to ride and get a pair of 2up's. That thing just to long and to low. Not to mention.. what is the freq the whole fam goes? For me it is like 1 in 5 times I go out. The other 4 times you would look like your driving an empty limo.
That's my thought too. My son wants a RZR. If he gets the RZR we could go as a family or invite a friend with a friend too. My wife does not like how a quad is driven. I wonder if she'd like driving a RZR?

Old 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

My wife saw someone ride through the camping area in an rzr and said that's what she wants next. I guess she really does cause she hasn't been on her quad since.

Being the supportive husband I am, I told I guess that could be our next major purchase.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

My Polaris (Both of the Popo's I've owned in fact) has been way the hell more reliable than the complete and total POS Jeep Commander I'm stuck with. Seen the dealership 14 times since 2007. Fourteen!!!! Chrysler Corp ought to be ashamed of the crap they churn out nowadays. Total junk. 43000 miles and it has rust bubbles above the widshield too. I take my 1997 S-10 with 170000 miles on it over the Jeep I can't trust for toy hauling and such.

Dodge57hemi, no offense meant towards you, but I am disgusted with the company you wotk for... They make Polaris's customer service look amazing by comparison.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
My Polaris (Both of the Popo's I've owned in fact) has been way the hell more reliable than the complete and total POS Jeep Commander I'm stuck with. Seen the dealership 14 times since 2007. Fourteen!!!! Chrysler Corp ought to be ashamed of the crap they churn out nowadays. Total junk. 43000 miles and it has rust bubbles above the widshield too. I take my 1997 S-10 with 170000 miles on it over the Jeep I can't trust for toy hauling and such.

Dodge57hemi, no offense meant towards you, but I am disgusted with the company you wotk for... They make Polaris's customer service look amazing by comparison.
That's really too bad. My 1995 Wrangler has been nearly flawless. The only issue I had to deal with was a burnt out headlight switch (needless to say it failed at the perfectly wrong time and scared the crap out of me but I digress). I expect things to start failing soon as it's getting to the 12 year mark however. My polaris is 6 months old and already has two recalls (safety bulletins) against it..... You really should pursue lemon law on yours as it definitely sounds like a lemon!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by s10stealth
High center issues?
Isn't that avoided by "creative wheeling" and paying attention to your limits?
Don't forget what that winch is for.

:
Yes, high center issues. It was merely a observation on the gaudy wheelbase. Simply by looking at the pic one can see the potential to high center. "Creative wheeling"?? You can do that all you want, high center happens and will certainly happen more often with a long wheel base, just a fact. Simply a observation, one I thought was quite obvious.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Aside from ECU's (2) it's never been the same thing. Sensors, electrical issues, leaking sunroof, dead instrument panel, dead climate control lights, Parking assist, if left on, kills the battery and all the controllers (there are several), so it's been left off for about six months. Its a shame too because the truck rides great, is very comfortable, the engine and tranny are stout, and commandtrac is amazing in snow or mud. But I can't trust it longer than a ride into town. The truck blue books at just over 15, but no dealer will come anywhere near it, and won't come to within 3K of what I owe on it. One dealer fixed it once for free, but only if I never brought it back there ever again. The other dealer won't return calls and tries to blame me for all the problems. The problems have cropped up over a long enough span and a long enough mileage span that lemon laws don't help... not in NY at least.

I wish International Harvester still made light trucks. I've had two, a 65 and a 75, each a one ton, and they were awesome off road trucks. Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear axles on the 65(304ci V8 and .488 gears), and Dana 60's all around on the 75(345ci V8 and .411's). The 65 had a 10000lb Ramsey PTO driven winch. It operated thru the tranny. That truck weighed 7400lbs with a half tank of gas. No power steering, drum brakes all around, and a detroit locker in the rear. But a hydraulic clutch! The thing was a real moneymaker in the winter, pulling people out of ditches and such. Those were tough assed trucks. Old Power Wagons were hardcore too.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

ATV converted to a strech limo??