Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Itp 589's

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Itp 589's

what's your say on them or whats a better tire to use if any.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Range Rover

A little heavier than others out there. A few friends have thema and they wear well, and are good in the mud and snow. All depends on the riding you do. They may be perfect tire for some and terrible for others. Depends on the terrain you mainly ride.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

589s are really good in the mud and general riding. The ITP Mudlite XTRs will give you a little better grip on rock and hard pack as they are radials. Love mine so far. 589s are tough, and long lasting from what the people I've seen with them say. My stock tires were 489s which have pretty much the same tread pattern but a lot less tread depth and are made with a softer compound. It's amazing what they got me through. I think the 589s are 6 ply which is a good sturdy tire that will stand up to tons of abuse.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Had them and they were ok. Here's my opinion and it hasn't changed for years. I won't buy them or any other ITP tire. They usually are heavy and undersized compared to other brands. The Maxxis alternative will most likely last longer, be lighter, and truer to size.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:44 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I would go with the Mud Lite XTR for a smoother ride and similar performance. My brother had a set and they wore like iron. I have been very happy with the ITP tires I have had...especially the Terracross radials.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

So far no problem's with my XTR's. Good combination trail and mud tire.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well I must say with our recent 2ft snowfall here in MD. I went riding in the community where everyone was stuck and dug in. Our wheelers were the only vehicle riding thru the thick stuff in the streets, lol..lol Anyways I never heard too much on the SNOW handling of the ITP XTRs but can confirm that they did GREAT! Never stuck and the traction was GREAT and I could manuover how I wanted it. I really like SNOW riding it was my "real" first I must say, cool!

Bring on more baby, lol!

R'

Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Well I must say with our recent 2ft snowfall here in MD. I went riding in the community where everyone was stuck and dug in. Our wheelers were the only vehicle riding thru the thick stuff in the streets, lol..lol Anyways I never heard too much on the SNOW handling of the ITP XTRs but can confirm that they did GREAT! Never stuck and the traction was GREAT and I could manuover how I wanted it. I really like SNOW riding it was my "real" first I must say, cool!

Bring on more baby, lol!

R'
Are you anywhere close to Frederick?

Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only downside to them is they are heavier than others. Had them on my 02 700 and really liked them. Great mud/snow tire and they last forever! I ran mine for almost two years before selling it to a buddy of mine back in early 2006. He still has the wheeler and the same tires on it.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Pasadena but we ride sometimes over a friends house in Fredrick (Monrovia).

You?

R'