Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New to the site........

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some pics & a few vid's

Originally Posted by Kerbbirds
if you heat the strut casting up with a propane torch around the ball joint you can get it out with vice grips and a hammer
Ugggh, when I read this the other day I said "It sounds like a bitch, maybe he's confused".............................

Nah, cobbled it together today and I went to try to get it out and decided I'll wait until I am actually fixing it. Thanks for the tips, will definitly be using the same techniques, sucks they didn't make an access underneath the outer cv joint. I know you know what I mean.

Anyways I got it movable at least, for the past few days it was stuffed in a snowbank looking like shiet and kinda blocking my way. I had to beat the CRAP out of the a-arm, then just held the balljoint tight for now with a ratchet strap. I also wrapped some gorilla tape around the inner race of the inner cv so it doesn't chew up the races while moving it around, it worked pretty good to be able to shuffle it around. Also can add a brake rotor & brake line to the list, and an upper strut mount. I kinda suspected I would have issues with these things but didn't make a close inspection until now.

Anyways I have a slight issue, won't know what until I pick up another automotive stethescope (those things are the shiz) since mine is no more, I didn't have any luck tracking the sound down with a long screwdriver, but maybe someone else is familiar with it, I took a youtube video of it, don't mind the NASTY sounds made by the remnants of the front cargo box.

Basically it's a chirp chirp chirp upon revving down in nuetral. IE, you tap the gas then as the engine comes back down to idle you hear it. Sounds like a whistle in the video. It almost sounds like a bad bearing on a shopping cart. I'll track it down better in a week or so once I can raise it up & get in there good with the auto stethescope, but sounds like it's coming from the front lower part of the motor somewhere. It's not coming from the belt area I know that, it sounded like a belt chirping to me when i first heard it.

Chirp video

Pointless video of me moving it into the carport

Name:  IMG_0395.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  206.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0398.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  202.0 KB

Random shot of the '07 LTZ250 motor out for a frame paint & valve adjustment before selling it:

Name:  IMG_0397.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  136.2 KB

HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

I picked up a Scrambler for parts and decided to fix it up to ride. It took a hard hit to the right front and also bent the upper strut mount and a-arm. I made a slug to bolt in place of the strut to keep from distorting the mount and pounded it back in place with the BFH, about a 1/2 inch. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Polarat
I picked up a Scrambler for parts and decided to fix it up to ride. It took a hard hit to the right front and also bent the upper strut mount and a-arm. I made a slug to bolt in place of the strut to keep from distorting the mount and pounded it back in place with the BFH, about a 1/2 inch. Good luck.
Luckily I don't believe I bent the actual strut ?perch? area, at least not as far as I can tell visually with the plastics still on, but I wouldn't be suprised if it will need a little tweaking. I should clarify, what I meant by upper strut mount was the rubber bushing & plastic bearing assembly.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome.. Advanced scent training.. hmm drug dog turns parts hunter.. nice

Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by xcitmt
Welcome.. Advanced scent training.. hmm drug dog turns parts hunter.. nice
Yup, I'll make sure to bring the camera w/fresh battery's and a clean memory card for it, but it won't be until there is minimal snow on the ground though. We have been practicing with axle grease rags in the backyard lately, and I put a dummy rag at the far end of the trail yesterday, this will kinda be our first truly "blind" problem, meaning I don't have any idea where it is, I looked for it on several walks but I suspect the ***** and cage got thrown off further down the trail because there was nothing near the stump. The reason for the rag is in case she can't find it for whatever reason, like if it's laying in the stream (Even though we have worked stuff under water & snow it's much harder for her) she will find the rag at the end. The key with the game, because it's such a fun game that demands LOTS of motivation, it has to always be the most fun in the world, so failing is a very bad thing and will set her back.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone heard that chirp before?