Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Final Tire Choice 850xp

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am assuming you are putting them on your stock wheels?

R'

Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, I have no reason to switch out the rims.. I get so many compliments on the stock rims and plus with 20hrs on the machine the rims are like new. I was thinking of buying a set of rims, and putting the stock tires on as spares, just need to find a good set..

Old 01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I have the ITP Terracross and like them and highly recommend them. Smooth and glass and all speeds and excellent in sand, rock, mud and hard packed terrain. Not as aggressive as the XTR (not as good in deep mud) but smoother and better in the sand. I ride in all types of terrain so they suit my needs very well. In addition, they seem to be wearing like iron even though I ride alot on the street.

The mud performance is a little better than the stock PXTs but far better in sand, hard pack and rocks. Plus smoother because they are radials.

Live in the south so unable to offer a snow report.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by weedy
The mud performance is a little better than the stock PXTs but far better in sand, hard pack and rocks. Plus smoother because they are radials.
Weedy...The stock rubber are radials....no? Mud performance is absolutely terrible. I've never had really good mud tires though since it only accounts for 5% of my day and I'm always with friends that can haul my sorry behind out when necessary. Often wondered what it would be like with a great set of mud tires. Must be fun. If you ride alone and there's unavoidable mud.....now that's a different story.

Not sure if the Terracross would fit on my XP.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Terrathons are absolute crap in snow or mud.. I'm thinking Duro Powergrips, they come in "stock" sizes. Look like bighorns, but I'm told are better self cleaning. Priced right, so all I have to do is get over the 4 ply thing

Old 01-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
T.. I'm thinking Duro Powergrips, they come in "stock" sizes. Look like bighorns, but I'm told are better self cleaning. Priced right, so all I have to do is get over the 4 ply thing
Yeah, I've checked them out. Some of the reviews said they were of questionable "quality" and that they needed a lot of balancing if you are going to ride at any speed. Not sure though, that's just some of the random reviews I've stumbled across. Nothing from actual people who've owned them on here.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
Yeah, I've checked them out. Some of the reviews said they were of questionable "quality" and that they needed a lot of balancing if you are going to ride at any speed. Not sure though, that's just some of the random reviews I've stumbled across. Nothing from actual people who've owned them on here.
Maybe BH 2.0's then. I definitely want to stay with radials though. I still have time... gotta buy the Kawi some Dirt Devil 2's first.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
Maybe BH 2.0's then.
Thinkin' the same. Tempting to save 80 bucks, but not worth the risk. Not like you can return them.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

You get EXACTLY what you pay for.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by weedy
you get exactly what you pay for.

agreed!

Quick Reply: Final Tire Choice 850xp