Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Customer Service SUCKS !

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Customer Service SUCKS !

I emailed the customer service to ask if a certain item was available as a track option. Told them I had checked with dealer and he had no info either way.

Got a form letter email back from Polaris to check with a dealer. Idiots !
They did, however, tell me how to find out who my closest dealer is. Thanks.

Do the management condone this type of shoddy answers or are they just putting in time till the next round of bonuses? Or do they care? Ha.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I've only had to deal with Polaris customer service once. Pretty much figured from that experience the customer service part was just a typo.

Hope you do find the answer you're looking for.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

The part that ticks me off is the "double talk" non answers. We're all adults and can take a yes/no answer, but don't call it "Customer Service" when the person that is getting paid to respond can hit a key and send a generic message. Why even offer the option of contacting Customer Service and supply a list of topics you can inquire about.

Polaris Management - Get off your corporate butts and do the job you get paid to do. Try to put the service back into CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My wife called the IRS recently. She called the correct area to deal with her question. The guy literally said, "I'm going to connect you with someone who knows what she is talking about." Maybe Polaris has a bunch of ex-IRS workers.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

If you call or E-mail any customer service for almost any company and they give you ANY answer the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time you contact them consider yourself lucky. Most of the time I am on hold till I hang up, switched over and disconnected or can not understand the language. You are right why offer the service, many companies just give a list of their dealers which is better than making someone mad waiting for a reasonable answer.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Originally Posted by bentarrow
If you call or E-mail any customer service for almost any company and they give you ANY answer the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time you contact them consider yourself lucky. Most of the time I am on hold till I hang up, switched over and disconnected or can not understand the language. You are right why offer the service, many companies just give a list of their dealers which is better than making someone mad waiting for a reasonable answer.
ATTN POLARIS MANAGEMENT. The highlighted portion needs your attention.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea its really discouraging to hear this again and again. Especially when POLARIS official statement is to contact your local Polaris dealer and we all know there is good and bad ones and as for my experience (only speak for myself) I have go out of state 2hrs away to get the prices and customer service I like for Polaris.

Don't know is this just the powersports industry or is it really exclusive to Polaris?

I like their products thus far and we all know its far from perfect but just because we are customers doesn't buy them an automatic 100% on the next sell. I have a policy with most things in life and that is IF/WHEN I reach a point when I feel I am NOT treated right as a customer I will and HAVE take my business elsewhere. I most certainly hope you get the response you deserve MONGROL!

Regards,

R'

Old 01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

I got the answer THEY THINK WE DESERVE - A NON ANSWER.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

Does anyone know if Yamaha, Cat or any of the other brands have better customer service>>? Seems like this area in many businesses has went down hill.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Any manufacturer that allows that kind of response from thier customer service indicates thier policy is "give us your money and go away". Don't respond to a customer service email if all you have is "one answer fits all".

I took the time to shop and buy 3 Polaris & asked a reasonable and intelligent question (after I checked with the dealer), and the reponse was worse than replys I've got from third world countrys tech support on other products. How bloody insulting can you be. I won't support this type of lunacy any more.

Next thing we'll see is an answering machine for 911 calls.

Quick Reply: Polaris Customer Service SUCKS !