Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Your PERFECT wheeler pinky bets

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roofer
Hey Chuck, try getting along with no unemployement (government) check.......
Not sure if I'm misreading this response, but unemployment is not a "government" check, it's insurance that people pay into in case of loss of job. It runs out. He's paid into the system for years and is now using his insurance. -Certainly off topic, that's for sure.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

****** THREAD CLOSED!!!! *******

Chuck I will expect to collect the thread closure service fee and I don't care if its gov't money or unemployment...8-)

R'

Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by FunRide
Not sure if I'm misreading this response, but unemployment is not a "government" check, it's insurance that people pay into in case of loss of job. It runs out. He's paid into the system for years and is now using his insurance. -Certainly off topic, that's for sure.
The government has bee backing up this system for the last 6 months for most unions. People that ran out of unemployment time got extensions from the government. Just stating my reasoning.........

Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
Looks like your thread kinda went to personal problems, eh R'?

Hey Chuck, try getting along with no unemployement (government) check.......
i did that back in 2006/07 without unemployment for 3 monthes. but i wasent prepaired for it then. i didnt apply for it that yr either. this is the first time iv applyed for it. since i knew it was gona be a tough time to get a job, and it is, and still is.

Originally Posted by FunRide
Chuck, Maybe you can talk to your neighbors and see what they have to get rid of on Ebay for them.....take a dollar % of what you sell. Word will get around town as friends tell friends that you sold their "junk" for them. Maybe you can pick up some extra plowing gigs along the way too. You apparently know Ebay, so why not use the computer time more productively. Your existing clients would be a good place to start.....work your way up to bigger stuff as people gain confidence. Sell people's cars for them on Ebay Motors eventually. Do that until you find regular work again with health insurance.
yup. already doing that. iv been selling on ebay for 8yrs now. everything from lightbars, toys, led lights and so on. last yr i tryed to sell my camaro. iv also got a atv cover for sale i got new. but havent used it. along with a bumper for my popo, and the rotopax gas packs. but iv noteiced in the last 2yrs its been slow for somethings selling. i wont beable to live off of it. but its better than nothing. you can sell anything to anyone. im suprised some of the things iv sold have actuly SOLD. everything i have is for sale for the right price. 100% positive feedback.

iv been on unemployment for 1yr and 4 monthes. i have about 3 monthes left. before im done. think im on my last tier now. theres 6months of regular unemployment. and the rest is federal funded though the stumulis i beleve it is. but then i have no idea what im gona do. may have to buy a lawn mower and try to mow lawns this summer since it dont snow yr round. but last yr i did lawn spraying with the wheeler. i make more on plowing than spraying.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Chuck if you have any aspirations for doing IT or computer stuff. Pick up a good book on web design. Its really not that hard, I picked up a few things here and there and you could bang out the code and do some web pages for a nominal fee. Guarenteed one thing, ya make more money than cutting lawns! -- Just a thought!

R'