Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Colorado riding

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont do it you might get to addicted to HRS/weeks of fun at a time or all day rides without a singe sole around. Oh wait I just go confused with Montana LOL

Old 02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Dont do it you might get to addicted to HRS/weeks of fun at a time or all day rides without a singe sole around. Oh wait I just go confused with Montana LOL
D, See you're from Co. Springs. Bet there's some good riding down there too.

Went to the Pike's Peak race years ago. Camped overnight before the race and didn't realize it was going to be quite the party. There were bonfires and kegs all over the place, tents, guitars, music, lots of booze and assorted other items. Well, in the morning before the race started my head was just absolutely pounding from the prior night's activities. While moving our gear off the camp site we made and onto a level area on the other side of the race track, I was stumbling along with a tent, cloths, and a big cooler FULL of Budweiser and ice. It was all I could carry, or not....All of a sudden the radio squaws that the race has begun, a car was on it's way up, when one of the event coordinators starts yelling at me to get off the damn track. I wasn't paying any attention and walked right across the road. I tried to move faster, but was totally overloaded, tripped and dumped the entire cooler of beer right in the middle of the track!....Buds were rolling down the steep road all over the place. I lay there stunned for a second after the impact. The guy is now yelling holy $hit....holy $hit, get up. I stumbled up and just threw all my other gear to the side of the track and started trying to pick up the dirty beer. Some people were just laughing, others were helping themselves to my beer, others we throwing the cans off the track, others just shaking their heads at the fool. Of course my two friends were safely on the other side with their stuff and proceeded to point laugh at top of their lungs. It was a chaotic scene at the time, but pretty funny in hindsight. I can only imagine what some of the people were thinking; my hair standing up in air, nasty cloths from the night before and armfuls of filthy, dirt covered Bud cans stumbling off the track. Mom would have been real proud at that sight.....

Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Nice, believe it or not I have never been to PPIR tho I have been to Kansas motor speedway many times in Kansas City and up north to Colorado National speedway. This state tho I love it has shot itself in the foot more than once, first with the Olympics in the early 80's and with Nascar in 2004. DUMB----- !!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Nice, believe it or not I have never been to PPIR tho I have been to Kansas motor speedway many times in Kansas City and up north to Colorado National speedway. This state tho I love it has shot itself in the foot more than once, first with the Olympics in the early 80's and with Nascar in 2004. DUMB----- !!!!!!!
It's a must do. The top class vehicles are beyond belief.....cutting so close to dropping off a death cliff. It's one of the coolest things I've seen. 1000hp rig shooting dirt and rocks for 100yrd behind them. The cars are flying over little hills and drop offs. The roar as they go by is nuts. We were up by the top and the cars are just smokin past you. You've got to go.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Oh sorry you are talking about the hill climb. Ya that is nuts! I help a buddy with towing when he gets the contract for towing on race days (actual race cars that go off the side of the peak) seen plenty of F-----upd cars. They ones that get me are the guys who race side car motorcycles up the mountain, they are insane for what they do at 14000 feet! There are plenty of cool quads tho to look at and that makes it all the better.