Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Code 41 t-bap sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 41 t-bap sensor

Is there anything you can do to prevent the failure from happening? Is it a big enough problem that a person should carry the repair kit with you? I would hate to get stranded on a ride.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

That's a good question but the only thing we can do is make sure the wires are very protected from wearing....Use wire loom for extra protection...But mine must have been broken in the plug which is almost impossible to prevent...I've been so busy with this last snowstorm I haven't had a chance to test the plug...But the new repair kit has worked so far...

John

Old 03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

I just sent a PM to stendori asking if the forum needs to post a Sticky about this problem. I have had no issues with it and no nothing about it but it seems a lot of people have had the same issue from what I read here.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

Ok here's the deal, if we want a sticky to show what causes of this problem is and how to fix it (Coed 41)then everyone needs to chime in. So all the guys that work for Polaris dealers and anyone that can give good technical information no what the cause of this problem is PLEASE give everyone the lowdown on the cause and the fix so there can be a sticky posted at the top of our page. As I said, I know nothing about it but it seems to be and ongoing problem for a lot of people and worth the time for everyone that has good information on this subject.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

The two main problems are the small size of the sensor wires (almost the size of telephone wiring! TOO SMALL! ) and sometimes the connector itself. I've been on the phone a lot with Polaris engineers and a couple have told me at the present time larger wiring cant be substituted because of the low voltage going to the sensors (5-7 volts),but I'm like the rest of you,I DONT like to keep replacing harness kits,even after insulating and securing the best I can to keep from chaffing and internal breakage of the wires. Haven't tried to splice in larger wiring,BUT could be worth a try?? OPT

Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Range Rover

Is there anything else that can cause a code 41? From the reply I got to my PM there can be a code 41 and no problem with the t-bap. And can someone take a picture of the area in question so we can get a better Idea of what to look for. I am about 600 miles from home and my ATV at this time and will not be there for at least two more weeks so I cant do it.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

code 41 out of the book= air temp sensor low voltage, and high vlotage. i have no idea if the tbap sensor wire harness is the only thing that will send this code out.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Range Rover

Can you matbe epoxy or silicone the wires where they enter the harness to maybe give a little more durability.? What about shrink tubing all those wires together and then wire looming them together? Does anyone have pics of where the harness is?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

The harness sits right on top of the rubber hose which connects the airbox to the throttle body...

John

Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

I just got done repairing my code 41 error; after I peeled back the plastic harness material, found Brown wire was broke in two. After applying a male/female connector, crimping, and some plastic dip, and removal of positive battery terminal to clear/re-set computer, no more engine light!!! Sure would be nice if Polaris had a more rigid wiring harness, and Old Polaris Tech; keep on calling those Polaris engineers, we want better!!

Quick Reply: Code 41 t-bap sensor