Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Code 41 t-bap sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
What the hell is a code 41? Can it cause you to walk out of the bush instead of ride?

There making these ATVs more complicated then they need to be.

I think if you see a code 41 your have 30 seconds before it explodes so in other words run like hell because your be walking soon anyway .

Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Lol

You have a code 41, it's time to EJECT NOW!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Originally Posted by ZAKAZIM
It will run but it will not idle and it will spit and sputter badly with no power to climb any kind of hills. I was able to open the wire loom and make repairs to get back to the truck. Keep a knife and a roll of tape in your tool pack. I have also had the harness fail at the solder joint in the connector and I just pulled out the rubber O ring and slid it over the striped wire and pushed it back in the correct position pushing the O ring back in to hold it in. Just some tips if you need to do repairs on the trail.
Don't know if that is exactly true, I had the code 41 error-broken Brown wire, and rode it the whole rest of the weekend with no loss of power. I will say that the idling was a bit rougher, and Gas mileage went way down-under 100 miles per tank, versus around 120 per tank, but that was it.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

PolarisPile is right on. I saw this post and started to look for the link he posted. I have not bought the kit yet but I have read up on this problem on this and other forums. From what I read if your replace this with Polaris parts, plan on doing it again. I plan to try the part from Only the Best WHEN mine goes.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
The two main problems are the small size of the sensor wires (almost the size of telephone wiring! TOO SMALL! ) and sometimes the connector itself. I've been on the phone a lot with Polaris engineers and a couple have told me at the present time larger wiring cant be substituted because of the low voltage going to the sensors (5-7 volts),but I'm like the rest of you,I DONT like to keep replacing harness kits,even after insulating and securing the best I can to keep from chaffing and internal breakage of the wires. Haven't tried to splice in larger wiring,BUT could be worth a try?? OPT
Everytime I run into this problem I don't even buy the repair kit any more(I put 4 kits on one machine due them breaking repeatedly). It isn't much better than stock in my opinion. I remove all the terminals from the connector and solder LARGER wiring to the existing connectors. I have yet to have one come back broken and have yet to have any issues with the code coming back either. No running issues, nothing. It has worked with excellent results for me.