Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STOLEN!! Please be on the lookout...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks fella's.

No, it wasn't locked up. Nothing around here is. We live on a farm, 10 miles from town, and 6 miles from the hearest highway. I know that isn't an excuse, and I guess it taught me a lesson. Still sucks though.....

I've been scanning CL, and I've talked to all the locals I can talk to, so maybe someone will come up with something. Got a bunch of flyers made to take to a local mud ride a couple towns over next weekend too. I'll probably never see it again, but at least maybe the little bastages will know I'm hunting them.

I'll let y'all know if I find it. Thanks again.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure if you have the link for Craigslist "all search", but here it is.. Lets you look at all of CL at one shot. Hope you find them... Hope you dont get in trouble when you do..

Search All Of Craigslist

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

XJ,

Learn from this experience! Remember its layers of security. Locks only keep the honest thieves away...8-) Lockable doors, and I use a inch thick cable thickest Home Depot sells, with highest grade contrator Masterlock. Camera's, beware of dog signs, DOG, alarms, camera, low profile on nearby streets, etc..etc.. Block shed, barn or garage doors with your vehicle too.

Probably some punks from the neighborhood but the fact they know you have it and know where to steel it says they have been there before. Do some simple math and it may give ya some leadsi. Maybe these dorks will be stupid enough to hit some of your local trails this weekend, get another wheeler and your buddies and stalk your local trails for a few weeks.

Another thing, is there any obvious or pending repairs that need to be done? Put out the word to your local dealers or aftermarket places, let them know since your make is a little older and any orders come in for that description of model, may lead you somewhere. Tires worn? Young crowds like to put new tires and exhaust on everything, so you never know! Local auto stores for people coming in asking about air filters for Polaris ATV. I am sure that is NOT an everyday item. Pawn shops? For your internet tracking go to EBAY too for those older parts sales. I would look for engine sells and flag anything to the model and year, forward them to the police. If they are doing their job hopefully they have people on it but if like ours in this county they won't even come out and investigate if under a dollar amount, not sure if they would go by Blue book or what?

Since green, local hunting clubs, put the word out in case anyone is trying to appeal to them for an hunting quad sale. Turkey season is fastly approaching!

Best wishes and hope you get it back in one piece and justice served!

R'

Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all good advice so far... also post a want to buy ads..., be somewhat vague... you never know how dumb some thieves can be....

how visible was this from the road? If its hidden its possibly someone you may know or a friend of someone you know... See if anyone you know lays low from you... people dont just drive a truck and trailer into a yard hoping to find something to steal.. they were on a mission and knew it was there.. Of course this is all assuming it was hidden or in a shed... If it was visible from the road or even from walking through your front yard then its lesson learned.

hope you find it...

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

I would say you should be looking for vague ads like this from CL..

Polaris snow plow - $300 (clinton twp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-15, 1:59PM EDT
Reply to: sale-tyrhv-1645262697@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Polaris brand 48 in plow for quad long a frame for gen 1 older models ?/good shape manual lift with bracket & arms dont know what model it fits call 586-630-0364 leave message will return calls asap thanks mike

Found this in CL all search for polaris plow... keep digging I bet you'll find something..

Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

or this:

Engine for Polaris 500 - $500 (Coffeen, IL)

Date: 2010-03-16, 7:24PM CDT
Reply to: sale-sed4e-1647510885@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a 2000 polaris sportsman 500 that was rolled and broken wheel however the engine is in excellent shape.

If you are intrested contact me.

will go fast.

thank you,

Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

same guy selling same engine... diff story.. Coffeen appears not to far from you..

ATV engine for sale polaris 500 - $500 (Coffeen, IL)

Date: 2010-03-16, 7:28PM CDT
Reply to: sale-e9sb9-1647515437@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a engine that works.
Need to sell
contact me if you are intrested.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by xcitmt
same guy selling same engine... diff story.. Coffeen appears not to far from you..

ATV engine for sale polaris 500 - $500 (Coffeen, IL)

Date: 2010-03-16, 7:28PM CDT
Reply to: sale-e9sb9-1647515437@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a engine that works.
Need to sell
contact me if you are intrested.

Yep, I saw those ads right away this morning. Sent a link to the P.D. investigator, and sent the guy an email myself with some vague questions. Who knows??

Thanks for that all search link - I bookmarked it as I'm sure it'll come in handy.

And thanks again to everyone for the kind words, advice, etc. It's appreciated.

-J

Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry to hear that and those guys do have some good advice and I hope somebody finds it and gets that sucker. Why people gotta be stupid and steal like that from people. Good Luck and I will try keep an eye out and look at some ads myself but i live in north dakota but i'll still snoop lol.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Not that I don't want you to get your wheeler back and I know this is not nice to say but I am going to put a curse on the criminals and I hope they get hurt real bad riding it. And then when the cops show up to take them to jail for stealing they will end up buying you a new one.

Quick Reply: STOLEN!! Please be on the lookout...