Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STOLEN!! Please be on the lookout...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Probably some punks from the neighborhood but the fact they know you have it and know where to steel it says they have been there before.
Absolutely. Given that you're in a rural area I'll bet that it was someone you know, knows you or knows someone you know. They knew you had it, they knew where it was and how to get at it. They were either there before or someone they knew was there before.

I'd also get a good picture or cast of the tracks and quietly start checking tires on trucks in the area.

I'd almost guarantee your going to find it was either someone you know or a friend of someone you know. Start thinking about friends and family. Anyone run with a shady crowd? Anyone have a drug problem? Anyone hurting for money? Who knows you well enough to know where you keep it and if the garage is locked?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd almost guarantee your going to find it was either someone you know or a friend of someone you know. Start thinking about friends and family. Anyone run with a shady crowd? Anyone have a drug problem? Anyone hurting for money? Who knows you well enough to know where you keep it and if the garage is locked?

100% agree- it's a local job.

about 18 years ago I had my cr 80 stolen- and I lived on a farm. turned out one of my school friends was telling another kid about how he went riding with me, and that kid ended up stealing my bike. I got it back and the kid got a slap on the hand.

Jobs like these are always local- I bet it's sitting in the woods somewhere out of sight.

What you should do is post an ad for some aluminum polaris rims with near new 27" mudders on them real cheap- like $100 for the set, and see who responds. (probably me looking for tires )

Old 03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Trailblazer

There are some really good ideas here posted on what to look for in trying to recover your bike. However one sure identifier to help all of us to help you is - what's the VIN number on the frame, maybe just post the last four digits or something. Also the serial number of the engine? That way all of us can be on the look out.
Another thought is to talk with your local BMV, if they try to register your bike for a state sticker (for riding on federal land) the bike will be flagged as stolen. Much like cars are in today's times.
Sorry for the bad news and I wish you the best of luck getting your trusty friend back.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I don't know if I would post any VIN info. maybe the last 4 digits is the wrong end? Don't know but just being security conscience! May want to check local auto auctions too!

R'

Old 03-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has minus the plow in the very first posting...........So I guess he still has the plow............So looking for a ad in his area for a ATV plow for sale will not help.....Caper.........

Old 03-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

Correct, I still have the plow. I had just taken it off when the bastages stole it. Those were just the best pics I had of it...

I agree with y'all on it being local, and I'm working on it, trust me! I've probably put 200 miles on my pickup riding around the last week.

There are a couple "suspects" right here in the neighborhood, and a dozen more I'm looking at in the surrounding area. My guess is that if I don't find it sooner, I'll see some kid riding it this summer.

The word is out, so we'll see what we see. I've told all the neighbors and everyone else I know what to be looking for, so maybe we'll get lucky. Everybody knows everybody 'round here, so hopefully it'll turn up. Just have to wait and see.