Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just got my brand new X2 have some questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my brand new X2 have some questions?

when i shift gears i hear no sound but when i give it gas i hear a clunk and when i putt slow i hear the clucking repeatedly.

Also when i went over a rut in a plowed field very slow under 10 MPH i heard a bang louder than normal just wondering if that is things moving for the first time or should i check the frame.

With efi are all the throttles touchy?

Is the extended warranty worth getting im not to good around the machine i can change oil and install extras. If so how long?

Anything I need to do to extend the life of the machine that isnt obvious like fluid changes.

Thanks for all the help

Jesse

PS i paid 7425 out the door plus tax is that a good price?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First which model of X2? The loud bang may have been something you hit/ran over or was it for sure from the bike? An extended warranty never hurts, I would suggest at least 1 year and maybe as much as 5 depending on price. That's all I can help you with but I'm sure others will chime in. Congrats on the new ride as well!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My throttle on the 2006 X2 is pretty smooth after the initial engagement that can be a little grabby, let's say. It takes time to get the hang of it. It's because of the way the Polaris clutching system works. Not sure what you mean by clucking...

Old 04-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Range Rover

I hear metal hitting when i say the word clunking like two metal parts of the clutch. Ill try and take a video so you guys can hear it.

Ps is there any place that you can buy warn winches for a discount im looking for a 2500 lb one the cheapest i can get it without lossing the lifetime warranty.

Ps the price of the 5 year warranty is 1200 2 year is 600 thats all i asked about.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Miaugi
First which model of X2? The loud bang may have been something you hit/ran over or was it for sure from the bike? An extended warranty never hurts, I would suggest at least 1 year and maybe as much as 5 depending on price. That's all I can help you with but I'm sure others will chime in. Congrats on the new ride as well!!!

There is only one model the 550efi X2 for 2010. And no I didnt hit a rock the field was void of rocks im jw if i sould be checking fro frame cracks and where to look.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

when i shift gears i hear no sound but when i give it gas i hear a clunk and when i putt slow i hear the clucking repeatedly.

I got mine in February, I have about 25 hours on it. It makes a single clunking sound when I push on the throttle in reverse but no noise after that.

Also when i went over a rut in a plowed field very slow under 10 MPH i heard a bang louder than normal just wondering if that is things moving for the first time or should i check the frame.

Not sure what this could be, are you sure the front tire didn't kick up a rock?

With efi are all the throttles touchy?

The throttle was very touchy at first but is much smoother now. Not sure if this is because the clutch and belt has worn in a bit or if I am just use to it now.

Is the extended warranty worth getting im not to good around the machine i can change oil and install extras. If so how long?

You got a really good price on the machine, I would definitely consider a warranty. I know you can usually get one cheaper than you were quoted, see if you can talk them down, a lot of that cost goes in the dealers pocket.

Anything I need to do to extend the life of the machine that isnt obvious like fluid changes.

Keep on top of the maintenance schedule and make sure you let it break in for 20 hours, no hard pulling or full throttle, its difficult to not get on it for that long but will allow the engine and other parts to wear into each other properly.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, that's a killer price and about $300 less than what I could have paid. I ended up spending a bit more (about $7900+tax) to get it from a dealer closer to me.

Mine has an interesting rattle that comes and goes (probably the belt?)...but no big clunks.

Yes, the throttle will definitely relax a bit (and you'll get used to it) as you ride it.

Have fun!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by hallj86
There is only one model the 550efi X2 for 2010. And no I didnt hit a rock the field was void of rocks im jw if i sould be checking fro frame cracks and where to look.
Gee I didn't realize there is only one X2 in the entire 2010 line-up, I would have thought there was a 500 and a 850 too?

Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

hallj86 This is the best $$ I have found for a Warn RT-25
$289.80 Free Shipping in the Continental USA. FIND A BETTER PRICE? LET US KNOW- WE WANT TO EARN YOUR BUSINESS!!

ATV Parts ATV Tires ATV Wheels ATV Accessories: Warn RT25 Winch

And as for the noises if it were me I would have it on the truck and headed back to the dealer ASAP. But that is just the way I am. When I buy something new I expect it to be wright and if a tire didn't kick something up to make the noise you described then that is not normal IMO. I have never dealt with the X2 but all Polaris ATVs that I have been around make a little noise but no banging noise if all is good with them.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

if you plan to do much mudding i would go with a bigger winch because my 2500 would not pull me out the other night in single line pull and didnt have snach block

Just my 2 cents