Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Popo Mud Monster in Training & WI Riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Popo Mud Monster in Training & WI Riding

Well, today is the day my daughter gets to hone her skills at ATV safety training. Be nice to have her through that so we can hit some trails other than on our property. She's pretty pumped!

We were invited to a ride in WI next weekend. Anyone know the requirements for youth riding there? Would like to get trail passes for both wheelers so she doesn't have to be stuck on the back of mine all day. She is 12 and will have her MN safety training. Hoping she can ride her own and WI is a lot more ATV friendly.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was stupid! Polaris offered from $100 Store credit for attending ATV SAFETY course. I could come out with $200 for my wife's bike and mine. I never used it, anyone know if the offer is still good?

R'

Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Both of my kids have ridden in wi and they are 7 and 10. To my understanding is that they just cant cross or ride on any roads. So I just hook a strap to their wheeler and pull them if the trail is part of a road or I ride it across if it is a crossing.
Also it is cheaper to just license them for wi. You can do it online and print out the permit to carry with you until the sticker comes in the mail.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by switzomatic
Well, today is the day my daughter gets to hone her skills at ATV safety training. Be nice to have her through that so we can hit some trails other than on our property. She's pretty pumped!

We were invited to a ride in WI next weekend. Anyone know the requirements for youth riding there? Would like to get trail passes for both wheelers so she doesn't have to be stuck on the back of mine all day. She is 12 and will have her MN safety training. Hoping she can ride her own and WI is a lot more ATV friendly.
Best to know the rules and regs well before going or getting there. So here is the link to Wisconsin's.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/es/enforcement...010ATVRegs.pdf

Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks unclematt! Found she can ride since the training was throught he DNR and so her certification is reciprocal in most states.

Popo still offers the $100 gift card for attending free safety training(through atv safety institute) for up to 3 people on each new purchase. Just beware that it goes off the machine you purchase as far as youth are concerned. Found out my daughter could not attend it on her 300 because the manufacturer sets the guidelines and she would have to ride on a 90(and pay $50 out of my pocket). Also, the free training is not good for youth trail riding (in MN anyway) because it is not recognized by the DNR yet.

Her training was through the DNR and only cost $15. Still planning on having my girlfriend do the free training so I can cash in the $100.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RticKwad
I was stupid! Polaris offered from $100 Store credit for attending ATV SAFETY course. I could come out with $200 for my wife's bike and mine. I never used it, anyone know if the offer is still good?

R'
i think its only valid for one year but check with your dealer they might help you out