Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP lift

Does anybody know anything about a lift for an XP850? I want to keep my tires to 26", but want a bit more lift to keep me out of the deeper mud where I seem to get stuck now and again (bottoming out). How difficult would it be to add 1" and would I need to increase the width along with height increase? Costs....time involved, suppliers?

Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you even get stuck with tracks?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by hallj86
do you even get stuck with tracks?
Hall...Don't run the tracks this time of year. Take them off as soon as the snowmobile trails close. So no.... Just running in the slop and getting stuck sometimes. A buddy has a 2" lift on is SP800 and some OK tires and he's never stuck. I'm running stockers with no lift. Definite disadvantage in mud.

Maybe my new Pitbull Growlers will be enough to get me through (when I finally break down and order them)...

Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
Hall...Don't run the tracks this time of year.
But to anwer your question....yeah, you can get stuck and it's not pretty. That's why I got the 3500lb winch. Got it stuck over the winter and burned the front end from the heat generated by the winch trying to get it out...after shoveling for 20 minutes prior. Goal is to NOT get stuck.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen videos of guys with tracks driving them and jumping off the atv and sinking in to snow up to their neck. Is that really true or did he fake it with a drift

Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by hallj86
I have seen videos of guys with tracks driving them and jumping off the atv and sinking in to snow up to their neck. Is that really true or did he fake it with a drift
Oh you can go through some crazy stuff......but just don't get stuck. That's the part of the video they don't show you. One can get anything stuck.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

09 polaris 850 xp lift 2.5 Here's a link to a 2.5" on craigslist. Contact rubberdown customs and I'm sure they may have smaller if desired. IMO if only lifting an inch or two you won't need to worry about wheel spacers because the center of gravity will not be affected much. Ebay is another good source for lifts. Haven't dealt with an XP(yet) but the SP's are basically a puck lift up front and bracket extensions on the rear which is a pretty simple job.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by switzomatic
09 polaris 850 xp lift 2.5 Here's a link to a 2.5" on craigslist. Contact rubberdown customs and I'm sure they may have smaller if desired. IMO if only lifting an inch or two you won't need to worry about wheel spacers because the center of gravity will not be affected much. Ebay is another good source for lifts. Haven't dealt with an XP(yet) but the SP's are basically a puck lift up front and bracket extensions on the rear which is a pretty simple job.
Funny....I was just on the rubberdown site. 2.5" is a bit more than I need. Don't want to change the handling that much. Maybe if I increase the preload and put some 27" tires on it that would get me what I'm looking for.

Wish the Pitbull Growlers were offered in 27"

Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

EPI does have a lift kit for your machine its a 3" lift though so it might be more then your looking for. Its more expensive then our other kits but it has new arms it.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can definitely go with 27's without lifting and possibly 28's. that will give you a little more clearance and a more aggressive tire makes a huge difference. Back when mine was stock I upgraded to 27" zillas and it was much more aggressive in the sloppy stuff!

Quick Reply: XP lift