Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New ITP Terracross's on the XP

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ITP Terracross's on the XP

well mounted the new tires on the XP today gotta say i really like the ride, they are a pretty luggy tire but ride real nice and they grab real good hard to compare them to those ridiculous terrathons they put on, man i wouldn't even put those tires on a lawn mower and they put that trash on their flagship ATV i dunno but those things are awful. any way the real test will come when we go ridn i don't expect a muddin machine but at least we can go on wet grass and not get stuck well i will let you know how they work later this weekend

Last edited by awsume800efi; 06-18-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: wrong title
Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Cant speak for an XP but the Terracross are great on the SP 500! Excellent tire.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by awsume800efi
well mounted the new tires on the XP today gotta say i really like the ride, they are a pretty luggy tire but ride real nice and they grab real good hard to compare them to those ridiculous terrathons they put on
Yeah, I'm still running the Terratons.....Gotta get some fresh rubber. I'm waiting for the 26.5 Pitbull Growlers myself. Maybe in the fall they claim.

Had a blast riding today. Took my little son out for some slow crawing around and short blasts. Good stuff. He loved it.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Great tire mine have nearly 5000 miles on them not one flat or rim leak and they still look almost new

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

The terrathons are crap. Not only are they worthless on anything but a dry trail but they puncture extremely easily. I've done more tire repair in the past few weeks than I've done in the past 4 years. I'm thinking of a set of mudlite XTRs this fall. these things have to go before hunting season. I wouldn't even want to think of trying to plow with the useless things.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manufacturers are smart(in a way). They know most folks upgrade tires/rims so why bother putting a capable tire on in the first place. That and they have upgraded one's available for a much higher price than you can get them anywhere else but people get suckered in because they can wrap it into financing which makes it look like a good deal. Plus they will give like $200 credit for your stockers and put them on an older used machine to make it more sellable. Most new trucks are that way too(come stock with crappy highway tires).

Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CaptainQuint
The terrathons are crap. Not only are they worthless on anything but a dry trail but they puncture extremely easily. I've done more tire repair in the past few weeks than I've done in the past 4 years. I'm thinking of a set of mudlite XTRs this fall. these things have to go before hunting season. I wouldn't even want to think of trying to plow with the useless things.

Polaris should install a better tire from the factory .

Old 06-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

coudn't agree more those tire's are awful i was gonna wait till this fall but just couldn't stand knowin if i even tried anything worst than the gravel road was gonna get stuck so had to do it sooner

Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

I just rode 200+ miles in northern WI. 60 miles of it was on the Dead Horse trail which was extremely rugged. I didn't have one puncture from it all...except in one spot early in my trip I hit a rock that had a point on it, coming around a turn and I must have it JUST right as it just barely pinched my tire right by the edge of the rim. I think it pinched between the rock and rim with 8 PSI in my tires. It was a slow leak to which I made it 2 miles before noticing.

With 550 miles on the machine and I think the tires are working out quite well actually. I had a guy in Rice Lake put a tube in for me and I actually was able to ride the whole week with that with no issues. I didn't want to buy a new one (which he would have done off a new machine and then ordered a replacement). I had gone to Hayward Power Sports and those guys were absolutely worthless. No replacement, no tubes, takes 5-6 days to get a tire in, won't take one off a machine on the floor...etc etc. Get this, the parts guy even says to me as he looks at my tire and rim: "Is this even Polaris?" I said as politely as I could "Umm, yea, it's a Polaris rim and tire. The logo is right on then center cap". Parts guy: "Oh yea, I guess it is."

Bottom line....anyone willing to part with a STOCK REAR tire with good life on it I will take it off your hands so I don't have to worry about the tube in my current set up.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where's the best place to get a good price on a set of the terracross's? Are they radial?

Quick Reply: New ITP Terracross's on the XP