Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New ITP Terracross's on the XP

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadly1980
I just rode 200+ miles in northern WI. 60 miles of it was on the Dead Horse trail which was extremely rugged. I didn't have one puncture from it all...except in one spot early in my trip I hit a rock that had a point on it, coming around a turn and I must have it JUST right as it just barely pinched my tire right by the edge of the rim. I think it pinched between the rock and rim with 8 PSI in my tires. It was a slow leak to which I made it 2 miles before noticing.

With 550 miles on the machine and I think the tires are working out quite well actually. I had a guy in Rice Lake put a tube in for me and I actually was able to ride the whole week with that with no issues. I didn't want to buy a new one (which he would have done off a new machine and then ordered a replacement). I had gone to Hayward Power Sports and those guys were absolutely worthless. No replacement, no tubes, takes 5-6 days to get a tire in, won't take one off a machine on the floor...etc etc. Get this, the parts guy even says to me as he looks at my tire and rim: "Is this even Polaris?" I said as politely as I could "Umm, yea, it's a Polaris rim and tire. The logo is right on then center cap". Parts guy: "Oh yea, I guess it is."

Bottom line....anyone willing to part with a STOCK REAR tire with good life on it I will take it off your hands so I don't have to worry about the tube in my current set up.
I have a set of the stock terrathon tires I will sell you cheap. They have maybe 100 miles on them.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CrewCabMax
Where's the best place to get a good price on a set of the terracross's? Are they radial?

Yes they are radial .

Old 06-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Spdecat
Yes they are radial .
No, they're not cheap either...... Worth the coin for sure.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

The best place to buy any tire is at ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts & Motocross Gear | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC! If you goole RMATV coupons you can probably save even more!