Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2011's are unvailed... Be honest, what do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on my 5th set of tires. The OEs, then a set of Goodyear Mud Runners, a set of Maxxis Bighorns, a set of Carlisle ACTs and now a set of Carlisle Bad Lands. Hands down my favorite tires were the ACTs.

The Mud Runners were harder than a rock and I took them off before they were worn out and replaced them with the Big Horns, a big improvement and they looked great.

When I replaced the BHs with the ACTs I couldn't believe how much better the ACTs were on the trail and superior handling at higher speeds. They responded quicker steering and the ACTs do not drift and slide around corners like the BHs did. Deep lugs also hamper steering response because the lugs have to flex before the tire even responds to the change of direction.

The rubber compound of the ACTs is much softer which means they wont last as long but the softer rubber provides better grip than the harder rubber like the Big Horns. I was more than impressed with the ACTs in the snow too and they are a great trail tire.

I was sold on the Big Horns until I got my ACTs, that's when i realized that there's more to tires than just looks.

The Bad Lands are OK but my next set (before it snows) will be another set of Carlisle ACTs.

Went through a lot of snow last year.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
I,m not complaining and I,m sure its nice but for $1000 extra its not on the top of my list,for $1000 I would rather have $1000 set of S&S rims with Top of the line Radial Tires, or $1000 worth of gas. I just don come back from long rides with sore ams.
850 with EPS...Love it. Wouldn't own another bike without it. You don't like the idea of it, save yourself some money and don't buy it next time around. I would refrain from making statements that EPS is not worth it, or a sham designed for yuppies, but that's just me. Worth is a matter of personal preference and ability to pay.

Love the EFI too.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Specta
I'm on my 5th set of tires. The OEs, then a set of Goodyear Mud Runners, a set of Maxxis Bighorns, a set of Carlisle ACTs and now a set of Carlisle Bad Lands. Hands down my favorite tires were the ACTs.

The Mud Runners were harder than a rock and I took them off before they were worn out and replaced them with the Big Horns, a big improvement and they looked great.

When I replaced the BHs with the ACTs I couldn't believe how much better the ACTs were on the trail and superior handling at higher speeds. They responded quicker steering and the ACTs do not drift and slide around corners like the BHs did. Deep lugs also hamper steering response because the lugs have to flex before the tire even responds to the change of direction.

The rubber compound of the ACTs is much softer which means they wont last as long but the softer rubber provides better grip than the harder rubber like the Big Horns. I was more than impressed with the ACTs in the snow too and they are a great trail tire.

I was sold on the Big Horns until I got my ACTs, that's when i realized that there's more to tires than just looks.

The Bad Lands are OK but my next set (before it snows) will be another set of Carlisle ACTs.

Went through a lot of snow last year.

hey specta, off topic but have you ridden any rancher 420at's? how do you like them?

Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
With the amount of money spent on these things, do you think it would hurt to have a tire option when you buy it?? I would rather wait for a good set of tires, then to take it with crappy tires.

When I get mine, I would love to have Maxxis Big Horns , but will probably just suffer with the 489's until I can save some cash.

Would you guys??
You would think so... But that's not the way it works. A set of 26" bighorns will run you about $385 from ATVoutfitters.net so I would just tell you dealer you want them thrown in on your deal for an extra $100 cuz I know they get them for probably $70-$75 a tire!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
hey specta, off topic but have you ridden any rancher 420at's? how do you like them?
Nope, in fact I've only ridden a couple of Hondas.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 AM

i have to make a correction: my efi sportsman wouldnt idle because i had to adjut the throttle cable slack, not the idle itself

Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Is there a comparison chart to compare the 2011 XP models to the 2010?

Thanks,

R'

Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Is there a comparison chart to compare the 2011 XP models to the 2010?

Thanks,

R'
Did they change anything?? I see a small weight difference, but that is all.

I love this link.

2011 Polaris Sportsman® 550 ATVs

Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
Did they change anything?? I see a small weight difference, but that is all.

I love this link.

2011 Polaris Sportsman® 550 ATVs

Great link.

Tires are a difference and you can get the larger 5.25 fuel tank with EPS now.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well with the bigger gas tank there goes the saved weight....8-)

Quick Reply: 2011's are unvailed... Be honest, what do you think???