Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone know where THIS goes???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know where THIS goes???

Don't you HATE it when you reassemble stuff and have extra bolts and stuff?

Well, cleaning my workbench off today I found this spring-washer!!! Ouch!!! It was undera box and I must have missed it during a reassembly!!! It measures 1.5 inches O.D.

Since I've done so much work on all my quads lately I am not positive of where this goes. I looked at the parts schematics on Cheap Cycle Parts and Bike Bandit but see nothing that clearly tells me where this goes.

It could be:
- 2004 Sportsman 400 clutches (I suspect this fits the rear clutch, actually, under the snap ring)
- 2003 TrailBlazer 250. Just put in new stator.
- LT80 clutches which I am nearly positive it does NOT fit.
- LT80 almost anywhere as we just did a complete rebuild of this machine frame-off!!
- I also have a 2005 800 Sportsman and just did some work to but doubt this fits anything I just did.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know where THIS goes???-pict0023.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yea.....that is an issue sometimes when things come apart and back together......extra parts. There is a washer that goes to the front cargo box twist locks that looks a lot like what you have in the picture...........NoJoke

Old 09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like it's a spring tension washer made to put pressure on the item it's agaist. i don't belave it goes to any clutch . imo

Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Range Rover

I agree that it is a tension spring washer. Hmmm... Ignition key from the Trailblazer maybe... Still thinking over here... Was hoping someone would see it and say "Oh yeah!! I know what that is!!"

Old 09-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin LT80's
I agree that it is a tension spring washer. Hmmm... Ignition key from the Trailblazer maybe... Still thinking over here... Was hoping someone would see it and say "Oh yeah!! I know what that is!!"
i just checked over the t. blazer parts list and it doesn't seem to fit any parts listed. guessing it would be like on the crank shaft end it would be too big(guessing)to fit correctly. but again just my opinion.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Did I win?

I recognize that one. I just had one in my hand last weekend. Although we were working on a Yahama Grizzly. It came off the fuel shut off switch. There were two small phillips screws holding the outer case. Once removed this washer was in between the outer and inner fuel shut off.

Did you mess with that part?