Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 10:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was you what would you do change the hole postion maybe 2/2 or 1/2 would that give me a better backshift and more belt tension what do you think ?
I am still learning how to tune these clutches
THANX

Old 03-15-2001, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Aha, you caught me without my resource guide at my finger tips. I believe that the 2-2 is the mid setting but not positive on that.

You could get the information by calling your friendly local Polaris dealer and have them turn to chapter 6 of the shop manual and read you the spring tensions from firmest to softest and go from there, or have ChopperBill look it up on his coffee break

Old 03-19-2001, 12:21 PM
Range Rover

Got My HPD pipe today let ya all know how it goes
I think with the clutch kit this should make a big improvement

Old 03-19-2001, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

well I finished putting it on and all I can say is WOW do I ever love the sound of it Awesome
the low and mid is much much better now the thing just pops up now without even meaning too I think it brought my clutch kit to life I am still not to sure about top end though.
I was driving along after I got everything together on the pavement goin to my trail at about 5mph and nailed the throttle the roads were a little wet and the quad just started spinning and then lifted about a foot off the ground and took off for about 15 feet I have bearclaws on the back too.
Well that is it for now my next investment is going to be the HPD cam and steering damper.

Well so far I am pleased but have yet to go on a long ride because the trails are terrible because of the 3 feet of snow on them and the warm weather ya just sink.