Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Went thru whole tuitorial on 4WD how to and still no 4WD...now what???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went thru whole tuitorial on 4WD how to and still no 4WD...now what???

Ok so I went thru the everything...pole clearance is great...magnets are strong enough to hold a med size screwdriver..they work properly with switch...detected some magnetism on shaft, but not on armatuer plates, but did notice the shiny ring on outer edge and also about 1/8 in away from inner edge too!...Could this be my whole problem???...and everything else checks out great...I did notice that a couple of the rollers had slight rust on them too (due to really low oil level), but they cleaned up really well!, So Im at a loss as to what else it can be at this point....Plz help need wheeler for hunting next weekend...Could someone please explain to me how this system works once the magnets get powered.
Thanks!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

Seriously!!! 36 lookers and not 1 reply...real nice!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Just because we look doesn't mean we can give you an answer. Sounds like you checked everything, I'm at a loss....sorry

Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by reno82
Just because we look doesn't mean we can give you an answer. Sounds like you checked everything, I'm at a loss....sorry
not everyone is going to looking at the post just to give answers as they might need the same kind of help and want to see if there problem is the same. the correct oil is just as important as anything on the awd hubs/ front ends on these bikes as the only thing i can add. good luck

Old 10-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

How do You check to see if it is not working,the rear wheels need to slip a slight amount before it engages,try putting it in all wheel drive,put transmission in reverse,press overide button and carefully but briskly accelerate,did it try to do a wheelie in reverse??? if so then Your four wheels are engaging.
do be carefull when performing this test as bad things can happen when accelerating briskly in four wheel drive with the over ride engaged,please do`nt ask Me how I know.
OH,this is the first time I looked at this thread too as usually the questions have already been answered by those with more experience and knowlege than I have.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

OK I first want to apologize, second of all I found the culprit!!!...Prolly helps to have chain sprocket on countershaft...So basically I wasnt getting any power to turn the front axle...for fricken dumb!, who would think the damn sprocket would fall off???...Never even gave it a thought, but now I know and ordered the sprocket, what is the torque specs on the bolt?

Old 10-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xplorer400rookie
OK I first want to apologize, second of all I found the culprit!!!...Prolly helps to have chain sprocket on countershaft...So basically I wasnt getting any power to turn the front axle...for fricken dumb!, who would think the damn sprocket would fall off???...Never even gave it a thought, but now I know and ordered the sprocket, what is the torque specs on the bolt?
glad you found a simple fix. it happens to the best of us and not a problem.