Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone Interested in Polaris EFI Diagnostics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sam1morgan
I am definitely interested if you come up with something for a 2015 Ranger 570EFI.
He made 2 posts in 2010 and hasn't posted anything since then. He may still be lurking around the forum but I doubt it.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:03 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Some one already has one out now that may be what you're looking for. Not quite Digital Wrench,but sounds useful at a reasonable price. https://otbpowersports.com/product/ct-pol-afedxz-001/

Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnostics worked great.

I completed my Polaris 800 EFI diagnostics and it enabled me to pinpoint the problem on my ATV as a failed injector driver in the ECU. Luckily there was an unused output on another IC and I swapped the inputs/outputs and it worked. That saved me about $300 for what a replacement ECU would cost.

A couple years later I sold my Polaris 800 and my Raptor 700 and the other ATVs that I had and moved on to other pursuits.

The reason cars/light trucks have a common diagnostic system called OBDII is that it was federally mandated for Engine Emissions diagnostics. It will not diagnose problems though with other car systems such as Climate Control.
The information necessary to diagnose car systems other than engine is available from the manufacturers but at a very steep price. I believe GM charges $50,000 for that info and you must be a member of the scan tool alliance (this was what I knew years ago).

So best of luck to those that need diagnostics on their ATVs or cars or whatever. I have always believed that the information should be readily available including schematics.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
He made 2 posts in 2010 and hasn't posted anything since then. He may still be lurking around the forum but I doubt it.
Either it worked and he's on a beach somewhere set for life, or it didn't.

Haven't seen anything on the market, so I'm going with it didn't.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Actually it worked great (see previous post from this morning) but did not market it. I am and have been set for quite awhile but just not on a beach.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:11 PM
Ati
Weekend Warrior

Is this still available to buy somewhere?

Old 04-25-2020, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry, no. I created my own diagnostics system and used it to fix my Polaris 800 then sold it and all my other ATVs as no longer had anyone to ride with. Also there was never much interest in Polaris diagnostics. Unlikely that I would ever buy another Polaris product as seemed arrogant to force owners to have to take their ATV to a dealer for simple problem diagnosis.

Old 04-25-2020, 02:11 PM
Ati
Weekend Warrior

Aaa sorry to hear that...well i just wanted to buy one so i can start fixing them in the future....there is a large off-road community where i live and almost nobody has a diagnosis system...everything has to go by the dealer or overseas. There was someone with a link in the thread,I checked that out and might settle with that but i need to see if they ship overseas. Thank you anyway

Old 04-26-2020, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With the explosion of computer-controlled engines, the need for decent scan tools has become more and more important. This does not just include OHVs (ATVs, SxS, golf carts, etc.) but also street motorcycles, scooters, tractors, even chainsaws.

There is an Italian company, Motorscan, that makes a scan tool (Memobike 6050) that covers lots of M/Cs and ATVs, but it is $1500. There was a scan tool from China that was $300 that covered a lot of machines. A Husqvarna scan tool for AutoTune machines has popped up now and then on eBay. Stihl refuses to sell such tools to any non-dealer. Tractor companies are getting a lot of flack for keeping owners from fixing their own machines.

I have now owned 2 ATVs that had EFI and a scan port. I would love to get a scanner.....

Stay "tuned".

Old 04-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Ati
Weekend Warrior

Hello,i will check that system out..1500 is not that much if it allows you to use it with the majority of makes out there. I found one specific for can am for about the same amount with a 10year license : http://www.diag-systems.net/shop/45/...atronic-expert

another one that allows you to reflash the ecu:
https://www.diag-systems.net/shop/53..._4_0_unlimited

and another one that with the relevant plug,allows users to work on different makes with one device...unfortunately it has a limit to number of attached vehicles and i can't ask the guys working there for more details...i mean they didn't respond anymore...
https://www.warrantykillerperformance.com/products/can-am-maptuner-x?_pos=1&_sid=d5b636097&_ss=r

so yes...i found a few devices but I didn't find 1 that can be used on all or most makes(talking about atv's only) without having a limit on the number of vehicles attached..i always thought that it's like a car tester...same software(in general) + laptop = diagnosis of 97% of car makes and models ...you know...i just want something kompact rather than having 4-5 different devices

Quick Reply: Anyone Interested in Polaris EFI Diagnostics?