Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buying first ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic idea! I don't wear hats, so that would have never occurred to me.

I think it will be an awesome Christmas, too, if it all works out!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Would you like to be my wife and buy me a new sportsman for x-mas? LOL. They'll love it! And Weedy makes a good point. A man of 6' tall would want the 500 over the 300 without a doubt. I stand at 6'3" and can't see myself being comfortable on a 300 compared to a 500cc sportsman. And believe me I've sat on the mid-sized in the show room to see how big of a difference there is. It just don't work for me!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, get rid of the freight,,,,i'd ask them jokingly "why arent you charging me for a couple years of storage cause you haven't sold them yet!"

Old 12-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

After market items like winches and plows are always cheaper online esp if you can ge them without shipping. Im sure your husband and boys can install. Buying two you should have the upper hand on the salesman. Id keep working on taking as much off as you can. Things like frieght fees and prep costs are rip offs. You "boys" can do the prep (its jsut air in tires, charge battery, etc.) They will be making plenty of money off you buying 2 so you can take more off them.

On the topic of the 500, you will not complain ONE BIT. Plenty of wheeler for any job and a blast to ride. You wont have to ever get anything any bigger. The sportsman 500 is the best selling 4x4 of any manufacturer ever made.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

500 Sporstman came out in 1996 with all the major tricks like,IRS,selectable 2wd/ (true) AWD, and low range and it still comes in second in a 2010 500 utility ATV shootout. 4x4 ATVs Comparison Test Report - What's the Best 500 Utility ATV?

These Polaris 4x4 ATVs have been favorites for over 10 years. That's how long it's taken the competition to catch up. The Sportsman 500 still holds its' own - but the others are getting much closer. The second place finish shows why it's still one of the best overall utility ATVs out there.
Look at the price of the ATV that came in 3rd and last.

Gotta hand it to Suzuki thow.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Haha, readymixer! We've been fortunate this year, but you better ask my hubby first how much he likes being my hubby. He may tell you "Run away!"

Thanks for the input on the freight, etc. They countered with $11,700 for just the two machines and tax (with the fluff like freight and docs added on still, of course), which is just $100 cheaper than what they quoted initially (if you detract the plow, winch install, and additional tax for those things that they quoted me.) Really? That's the best they can do?

I told them I'm going to keep on looking, and thanks for their time, because I'm not paying $1200 for freight and docs. That's ridiculous. Still waiting on some quotes from another business, and found out a friend I work with is good friends with an owner of another one 30 min away, so am going to contact them.

Thanks for the link, tlc. I'll check that out later tonight!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

PTZHK --

...so...just curious...but any word on the quotes from the other business?

biz

Old 12-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nothing yet, biz, which is rather annoying. I've sent out 3 other quote requests. All that means is I'm going to have to spend a day driving around to all of these places. Bad customer service if you ask me that they haven't responded. That is one positive for the company who did return my quote. They have been very attentive. Trying to be patient.
Good thing...found out my stepdad has a 20' trailer, so at least I know I'll be able to get them here!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 AM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

Originally Posted by PTZHK
Nothing yet, biz, which is rather annoying. I've sent out 3 other quote requests. All that means is I'm going to have to spend a day driving around to all of these places. Bad customer service if you ask me that they haven't responded. That is one positive for the company who did return my quote. They have been very attentive. Trying to be patient.
Good thing...found out my stepdad has a 20' trailer, so at least I know I'll be able to get them here!
Something to keep in mind- if the customer service is shitty when you are trying to spend 10-12000 bucks- it is going to be worse once they have your money! I would love to say that you would cut ties once you leave the door with the quads, but realistically at some point you are going to need something again. I would pay extra to keep the dealership that I have b/c I like the people and I feel like they have always been upfront, honest, and quick to respond with me. Just my .02. Good Luck and Keep us posted...alot of people are watching this thread.
Mudslinger2

Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Just an idea if your step Dad has a trailer why dont you try ATV Trader Online and you could do say a 150 mile search for what you are looking for call the dealers make the offers and go X-Mas shopping with Pap and just pick them up.
Get the complete plow kits off e-bay and be done. I am sure no one will be disapointed with a picture of a plow if you dont get them before the big day.
Best to cast your net far and wide to get the best deal. Good luck you have 6 days till X-Mas Eve.

Quick Reply: Buying first ATV