Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My views on "Power"

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read atv magazines, watch the threads in these posts and confuse myself. I have a 2000 sportsman and grizzley. My views, Power, raw turn the tires in deep mud, gut wrenching power goes hands down to the grizz, does that mean its faster? can it pull more? not always. My sportsman rides like a dream, like a caddy. My grizzly is like my jeep, I feel the corners, I control the machine. I seem to have more of an Idea of how the machine is handleing the terrain, or handling me hehe. The sp comes on smooth and steady, the grizz is like a vibrating big foot. I happen to like that. See when the magazines test power, how do they do it? racing? pulling weight in sand? THEN they say which one puts the power to the ground... What does this mean? I know my sportsman will pull my grizz, its heavier and has true four wheel drive, is that what they mean? But If I were to choose which really was more powerful, a machine that felt like you cant stop the tires from spinning, its the grizz. And the new HO? 20% more power? not my buddies, maybe 10% more speed, But not more power, well at least my definition of power.
Maybe I am rambling on, It just drives me crazy at what we read and believe. Its sad that these magazines are supposed to "inform" us. I Just ordered the 650 prairie, that will be power.

Ps. I bet If you changed the gearing in a grizz so it didnt wind out at 58mph, it would kill the HO. BOTH QUADS ARE GREAT!!