Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Warn vs Polaris winch

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011 | 03:45 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by biz4two
I prefer the WARN too! Heard to many issues with the Polaris brand...that for the money...rather purchase WARN.

Polaris XP 3500 winch issues - Video with fail... - Polaris ATV Forum

Check that link...it has video of a Polaris 3500 pucking it's guts.

I have heard good reviews on Viper Winches too...

biz
I have a viper elite. They are a real durable winch and come standard with synthetic rope and the company is second to none to deal with. Needless to say it's priced real well too.

Old 02-04-2011 | 10:09 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Polaris dropping warn as there winch supplier must of been another cost saving measure.

Polaris used to but higher end 6 ply tires (Goodyear P Trackers) on there ATVs as well one time.

Old 02-04-2011 | 08:57 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Originally Posted by TLC
Polaris dropping warn as there winch supplier must of been another cost saving measure.

Polaris is on the road to cost cutting themselves to the status of the chinese ATVs. Moving ATV production to mexico isn't going to help quality any.

Old 02-05-2011 | 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by weedy
True WARN winches are USA made.

Interesting statement.

Last time I was at my local MC/ATV dealer the stack of WARN winches they had in their accessories section were all labeled "Made in China".

That was when I made the decision to purchase a Gorilla (now ProMark) winch--if I was going to get a Chinese winch, I might as well only pay a Chinese--not Warn--winch price.

I'm happy with my Gorilla winch, and even purchased one for my Predator (but--you'll love this--the winch mounting plate was made in the USA by Warn).

Old 02-05-2011 | 10:00 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Even the Polaris ATV themselves say MADE IN USA..........Are they really?

I know the ECM's are from China, Rads made here in Ontario,Canada..Switches,lights brakes, wiring, rims Tires.......etc........Where are they from ........Lets just say they are assembled in the U.S.A.
............Caper..............

Old 02-05-2011 | 10:53 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

In does not matter if its made in china its still made to the companies standards there just located there for cheaper labour cost.

If Mercedes Benz moved a factory to China the car would still be the same as the ones made in Germany.

Yamaha builds motorcycles in china. http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global.../13/china.html

The made in china by china stuff is junky because china has a lower quality standard.

Old 02-05-2011 | 11:34 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Originally Posted by TLC

The made in china by china stuff is junky because china has a lower quality standard.
I agree, That's why I used the word status in my statement about Polaris cost cutting. Polaris already has some minor Qc issues. Moving the plant to mexico isn't going to help those issues any. I love the Polaris ATVs and have no intention (at this point in time) of purchasing a different brand. However, when I do finally get another ATV, It will probably be an older Polaris, defiantly (not made in mexico)

Old 02-05-2011 | 02:17 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Originally Posted by TLC
In does not matter if its made in china its still made to the companies standards there just located there for cheaper labour cost.

If Mercedes Benz moved a factory to China the car would still be the same as the ones made in Germany.

Yamaha builds motorcycles in china. Detail - News Releases | YAMAHA MOTOR

You first said it can be still made to the companies standard......and at the end you say China has a lower quality standard???? I don't get your thinking.

Anyway, I am still working here in Canada due to the fact china does have a lower standard. I am in the manufacturing sector in Hot Forgings and there are many,many places in China that can do the same stuff we are doing, But one thing is different..

We have a ISO standard here ex. ISO 2002
China can't produce 10,000 or 50,000 parts the exactly the same quality.
Quality control is much better in North America.No Question about it.
IF Mercedes did more production to China I don't think it could possibly be the same as Germany.......IMO..........Caper.........

Old 02-05-2011 | 02:46 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

You first said it can be still made to the companies standard......and at the end you say China has a lower quality standard???? I don't get your thinking.
If Chinese make something for a foreign company they make it to there standards and material infact the company supplies there materials not china. If they make products for themselves they make it to there much lesser standards and materials.

Old 02-05-2011 | 03:04 PM
Range Rover

Last year, Mercedes was rated one of the worst cars in the world in quality and reliability by a couple of resources.

Maybe they should build them in China. LOL