Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which Box?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Box?

Next weeks my birthday and my wife has just informed me I'll be purchasing my own gift.(from her of course) So I've been wanting a L&R cargo box for my 07 sp 500 and pretty much made my mind up on the hard cargo box but here is another option. Has anyone owned or looked at these? I've never seen one or talked with anyone that has one. POLARIS SPORTSMAN SEMI RIGID CARGO STORAGE BAG - NEW! - eBay (item 370481539197 end time Mar-06-11 07:34:22 PST) Oh! Who knows where the best prices are? E-bay I assume?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Range Rover

Amazon 71.99 not sure of shipping There are ways to get free shipping on Amazon, you just have to try some service and cancel in 30 days. Comes from Colorado Power Sports.

Might not be the same one?

Amazon.com: New Genuine Polaris Sportsman Acc. / Lock and Ride Rear Cargo Rack Bag - 2005-07 Sportsman / black / pt # 2875307-070: Automotive

Tony

Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Good price! But does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the semi rigid L&R boxes? I'm leaning toward the hard box but would like more info on the semi rigid.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Otter!

You won't find a tougher box on the market! They started out building sleds for ice houses and moved into the atv trailer and box market a few years ago. Lots of guys around have been going to them over "polaris" and other cheaper aftermarket boxes.
After looking at the Polaris and Otter box side by side, if I needed one the clear choice is Otter!
Yes, they are more money than other aftermarket boxes but the quality and toughness speaks for itself.

Otter ATV Box, ATV Boxes, ATV Accessories...ATV Monster Boxes and ATV Accessories by Otter Outdoors!

Wenty

Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM

WOW! the otter boxes do look pretty tough but it doesn't look like they're a lock and ride type system. The L&R is a must. There will be times like hunting or chores etc. I will want to remove the box. The have to have gear will always stay in the front box, all the trail gear and extras would go in the rear box.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Doesn't matter now. I made an offer of $140($160 shipped) and offer was actually excepted for the polaris L&R hardbox. Thanks for everyone's input though.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you made the right choice. The hard boxes have more space and to make it passenger friendly you can get the integrated l&r backrest or I used double-sided velcro on a cushion that could quickly/easily attach to it for a passenger to sit back in comfort.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by switzomatic
I think you made the right choice. The hard boxes have more space and to make it passenger friendly you can get the integrated l&r backrest or I used double-sided velcro on a cushion that could quickly/easily attach to it for a passenger to sit back in comfort.
That's why I was having a hard time deciding. The back rest looks like it would be a nice add-on along with the side bags. I know the youngest boy (6 yrs)would appreciate the padding when riding along with old dad.