Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

That Polaris Feeling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2000 Sportsman 500 which we all know is the baddest 4x4 of them all, this and his close cousin the 500 Mag. Ok do you get that feeling when you pull up on the trail and there are a bunch of guys at a local mud spot, and you pull up and of course everyone looks. You get off observe the guys, some making some not, you fire up the big P and head into the hole fly through it turn around race right back thru it. There is a feeling I have of just knowing that I have the best a Polaris. It is alomst hard to describe the feeling I call it the Polaris feeling almost like the othere guys are just not getting it , maybe missing out on real atving. When people aske me what i drive i say SP 500 there is a pause and you know they are going Wow! anyone else ever have this feeling?

Old 03-09-2001, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

Yes, You are oh so right! When I pull up to other brands like Honda,Yamaha,and everything else with my SP H.O I know im in full authority. And when I make the other brands look bad. They have to come up with some excuse like well at least mine will last longer. Then I just laugh to myself and think someday maybe you will see the light. When I see another Polaris I feel as if he is just another brother to me. The feeling of seeing another Polaris just warms my hart. Xepathfinder I consider you a brother also!

Old 03-10-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Hey xepathfinder, I know that great polaris feeling too, my best friend has owned a SP500 and a Xpedition425 and they both give you that great polaris feeling every time you get on them, theres just somethin about em' !

I've heard alotta goobers put down Polaris and talk trash about em', your right JAMIE alot of the other bias brand riders have to come up with some kinda head in they're a$$ excuse, but I bet half of them have never even rode a Polaris, and they trash talk about how they won't last as long and stuff, but I think that also depends on how well you take care of it, I mean if your gonna ride it really really hard and give it hell every time you get on it and don't maintain it very well, then I guess they won't last as long, including all brands, but also what is the point of having a quad and riding it if your not gonna take care of it to get the most out of it, right????

You guys are right, the POLARIS FEELING is a totally nectare feeling, I hear yall dudes, keep up tha good work!!!!

PEACE OUT BROS!!!!

BMXATV10

Old 03-10-2001, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I started out on those other brands trust me they are no better, guys talk a good talk on here but I have been riding for 15 years and the best so far is Polaris bar none, if polaris was not the toughest best running machines out there then trust me my money would be spent elsewere but hey I wasted thousands on the other brands and got crap. Polaris gets me home. got a riding story there is a famous mud hole around here it is in a potato field, long and up a hill! ok most guys don not make it, some do some don't, had my girlfriend with pulled up, asked her if she wanted to hit the hole with me she grabbed hold, I put in 4 wheel drive , low range pinned the throttle we not only went through it we came out the other end in a wheelie! road it for 20 feet or more, guys there said they had never seen anything go thru like my Sportsman. my girlfriend loved it. to me it is par for the course of owning a Polaris. i got off looked at my machine and that is the first time i got the feeling , i was like damn! i have a badass mudding machine.

Old 03-10-2001, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Not to start a flaming war or anything and this has nothing to do with yammy vs. polaris or anything like that (personally I preferr honda but thats me) and yes I ride a weedwacker..

But, I find it amusing that you all think you have the best quad made, Im sure alot of people feel this way, but you do not see posts like ("we all know is the baddest", "knowing that I have the best, a Polaris", "I pull up to other brands like Honda,Yamaha,and everything else with my SP H.O I know im in full authority", "Then I just laugh to myself and think someday maybe you will see the light") in ANY of the other forums..(well,, mabe the bombadier )

Also "I've heard alotta goobers put down Polaris and talk trash about em'" Mabe this wouldnt happen if you guys diddnt constantly remind people how great your machine is, we all know they are good, why stress it? I would think if you knew that your machine was the nicest baddest thing out there you wouldnt be posting how great it is because you would know and would not feel the need to express it. Thats just the way I see it, a false sense of security...

I'd like to point out this is not a bash polaris based post , I like polaris they are great machines and I'd probally buy one if I had the extra cash, but do you see where I am coming from?, everybody thinks they have the best quad but from my experience on here you guys seem to be the ones that feel the need to express it the most. Anyways, that is just my opinion based on my time here.

This concludes our testing of the emergency brodcast system, beep, beep, beep....

Old 03-10-2001, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

well the sportsman is a nice quad no question about it! my buddies just blew all the rear u joints and two rear hubs!! i have a polaris too....here is my polaris felling" man i hope this damn machine dont leave stranded" just my opinion. we are always gonna brag up our favorite quad it is human nature. instead of getting mad we just need to sit back and smile cuz we all do it!!!

Old 03-10-2001, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

hey! broken my banshe if you like honda your in the wrong atv fourm or it could be your here cus you want to here about the best machines made in the u.s.

Old 03-10-2001, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Brokemybanshee,

Remember, this is a Polaris forum. While all are welcome, a Polaris owner should be able to post his brags without coming under scrutiny of a person who does not own a Polaris.

If this topic were to be posted in a general forum, or another brand's forum, well then all bets are off.

What the original post said is true, it IS a great feeling that you must experience to appreciate. I don't doubt that a competitive brand owner would have fear struck in them if there was a mud hole challenge against an SP. This is one area where the SP excells. Other areas of comparison may lean toward the competitive brands, but the Sp is close at hand in most any category.

Old 03-10-2001, 03:00 PM
Range Rover

I somewhat agree with brokemybanshee. I think it's just human nature that we have to defend our choice of manufacturer by slamming the other person. It doesn't matter if it's an ATV, or you ride up in a Blazer next to a group of explorer's and F150's. Everyone has heard acronyms for FORD, and seen the Push a Ford before Drive a Chevy sign.

All the forums have this "i'm better than you" in some shape or form. Just take a look at the DS vs. Raptor threads. Just human nature. Maybe ATV riders are insecure, along with snowmobilers.

The real question is whether an ATV rider would help out another ATV rider if they had a disagreement of brands.

Since everyone seems quick to argue to defend their brand, have any of you considered defending your sport/hobby? Have any of you joined the blue ribbon coalition or wrote your representatives to keep your riding area? It's much easier to make comments regarding a machine, than it is to lobby and donate to keep riding areas open.

The only riding area's left will be your backyard and meeting and racing other riders will be on this forum.

Rainman

Old 03-10-2001, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

It is just my opinion based on my time on these boards, no harm intended, I just look at it like this for example: the guy that constantly wins all of the races at an MX track does not go around saying how fast he is and how awesome his machine is, he knows it, has no need to express it, I dunno... mabe that was a bad example... but you understand? The person with the nicest lamborgini or ferrarri in the world isnt braggin how bad his machine is, he does not have to, everybody knows... I dunno, mabe that was a bad example too?! lol! Anways no bashing intended I am just stating it like I see it...

Quick Reply: That Polaris Feeling?